Frequent Contributor

Way TOO MUCH of the Same Information...........

QVC use to have a 10 minute clock or less on items.....why do we have to listen to a 30 minute repetitive presentation of the TSV.......I don't think people are really that stupid. It does not take a genius to put on a shirt or pants, take a photo, make a bed, decide which finger to put a ring on.....I mean really. I go to another station after 5 minutes and sometimes don't return because the host is still on the same product. Please go back to 8 -10 items per show with a clocked presentation. Shows would be far ore interesting instead of totally boring.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Way TOO MUCH of the Same Information...........

I guess that the hosts have to fill in the extra air space with foolish dialogue.

Trusted Contributor

The longer presentations reflect how shopping channels have changed. Very few people sit and watch shows for hours on end. Many people only tune in during commercial breaks, while flipping channels, or when checking to see what is currently on-air. Because of these viewing habits, channels must use longer presentations to "catch" shoppers' interesting during these brief periods of tuning in.

Obviously, if they could sell more items and increase revenue with shorter presentations, they would do that. Remember, their ultimate goal is to make money -- not entertain us.

Honored Contributor

I hate that also. HSN does the same thing. In my case, I turn the channel after the first few minutes. And chances are, I don't switch back.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you whezy but let's face it, they can't. They have to keep plugging away at the same uninteresting item for longer because they've so cut back on the items they choose to show us that they wouldn't have enough tedious merchandise to fill a whole hour if presentations weren't long enough to be coma inducing...

As for the supposed 'new Q 'drive by shopper'... I wonder if there's any data to support the supposition that they exist in droves... You also have to wonder, if they are a factor, which came first... I mean did people stop watching because the programming became so redundant and the presentations so long or did they elect to bore us into Numb-ville with incessant repetition because they were hoping to catch more channel surfers and had unequivocal proof both of their existence and that it was they who were doing all the buying... Either way, I'm betting the premise is iffy... and, well, it also wouldn't appear recent financials indicate it's a surefire winner of a strategy...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I tire of long presentations, too...and do change the channel never to come back...so one wonders if that logic makes dollars and cents to the bottom line ..if a "drive by" makes the purchase....is that all they buy and then leave...or do they hang around for more....

I often wonder how the Hosts feel about having to talk for such lengths of time about one item....especially the beds, computers, Bose where they have to talk it up for an hour not just 30 minutes....

For you old timers....didn't Steve Bryant walk off the stage and leave...because he ran out of words to say about something he was selling....didn't he say I can't do this any more...

Super Contributor

The TSV items are being aired too long and too many times in a 24 hour period!! Please stop this QVC....you are boring us to death!

Honored Contributor

On 8/12/2014 palmajo said:

The TSV items are being aired too long and too many times in a 24 hour period!! Please stop this QVC....you are boring us to death!

Especially given that so many of them really aren't that special and really aren't special values!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...