Honored Contributor

All of QVC clothes models I would think should represent all various body types/shapes and age groups of the common female. By age groups, I want to see a few models between the ages of 50-99 yrs who do not have perfect shapes modeling clothes. Not some 20 yr old 90lb mannequin wearing rubber stretched waist ban outfit, skinny jeans or leggings.

When the clothing vendors & the hosts talk about what these clothing items (pants in particular) can control & hide, QVC should have models with these same type of problems.

Hiding and/or pushing in your gut (pot belly) - prove it with a LIVE model showing LIVE before & after.

Lifting your butt - prove it with a LIVE model. Prove it to me with a LIVE model.

I do not want to see animated videos or still photos of what these clothing items can do. I want to see this with a LIVE model who actually has the defaults that the clothing items are suppose to control and/or hide.

Live models for the Genie Bras are an exception. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I do not want to see a normally flat belly model wearing a spandex or rubber stretched waist ban outfit that controls bulges or some other default.

I have only seen 2 maybe 3 plus size looking models (who never seem to wear plus sizes {#emotions_dlg.confused1}), both of them tall. I have yet to see a short plus size model, a model with a gut, thick thighs, model wearing plus sizes, etc.

I've only been watching QVC for 3 months now. What I wrote above is just what I have observed in those 3 months.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

That would be nice and, not to hijack your thread, but I'd like them to show more models in fashion and older models in beauty products. When they have a very young girl with absolutely no lines on her face and apply a cream to her, it doesn't make sense. Other channels use more mature women, why can't the Q? {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor
On 8/4/2014 wishmoon said:

That would be nice and, not to hijack your thread, but I'd like them to show more models in fashion and older models in beauty products. When they have a very young girl with absolutely no lines on her face and apply a cream to her, it doesn't make sense. Other channels use more mature women, why can't the Q? {#emotions_dlg.crying}

DITTO! I've noticed that also. Which makes me wonder what the average age group of the female viewers are? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} All of the on air phone testimonials sound like females who are at least 50+ yrs young. Never heard one that sounded like they were 20 something.

P.S. You're not hijacking my thread BTW. Smile

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

Agree with both of you. I'd love to see a 5'1"" model who wears a size 1X or 2X.

Respected Contributor
The models do a good job - sometimes though we get all smalls and xs just in different color outfits just too many small 5'9""+ tall models. Totally agree with above posters we need more real mature different shaped models.
Honored Contributor

I just can't imagine the Q complying with these requests, the hosts get all nervous when they have vendors who are short or on the heavy side. I don't buy skin care any more from the Q because what they offer isn't for my age group(over 60), that would actually be effective for me.

Respected Contributor

I see spanx models that do not show me a thing about how the product would work for me. Address the real issues of those of us that need Spanx. Show me how Spanx can hold in a big stomach and not ride up when I sit down and bunch up on my big old stomach. Is there a Spanx that will hold me in and stay where it is supposed to? This is what I would like to see on the models, the REAL problems of large women, not the skinny minnies that they want us to think need to be held in.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

They're never going to do that because they'll lose sales.

This way, women see how great the clothes look (on tall, mostly thin models) and order them, thinking they will look something like the models, despite their size/shape.

Reality does not sell fashion.

Contributor

You must have read my mind. How about a couple of 2x and 3x models.

Honored Contributor
QVC is in the business of selling clothing. To do so, they are going to show it so it looks it's best. I think they have a nice variety of middle aged and young, regular and plus, tall and short, but they're not going to use a model that makes the clothing look dumpy.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment