Respected Contributor

Revisiting Outrageous Shipping Costs

I purchased a pendant- $8.16 shipping Matching earrings -$8.16 shipping- $32.32 for two pieces of jewelry SHQ charges 5.95 for example. I know this is not a new issue. I am suggesting if enough customers write and call re this "extortion" maybe notice will be taken. I am calling customer service.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Revisiting Outrageous Shipping Costs

Sorry if I'm confused...where did the $32.32 come from? If you bought two pieces at $8.16 shipping for each, that's $16.32, not $32.32. Which is still ridiculous....{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

So sorry, of course you are correct- $16.32. My indignation got the best of me. Thanks for pointing out my error. BTW I have always felt qvc customer service was/is the very best and I consistently compliment them.
Honored Contributor

Even considering insurance, sixteen dollars is absolutely ludicrous to have to pay for two relatively light-weight items to ship. As long as we continue to pay it, though, they'll continue to charge it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to ask if you purchased both pieces in the same order. If you did, I'm a little surprised they charged you full shipping for both. I've bought a lot of things that weren't advertised to give you 1/2 price shipping on additional items, but since they were either two or more of the same item or say, two different tops from the same line, like your two pieces of jewelry, it showed up 1/2 price shipping on the order.

Respected Contributor

I did not purchase both in same order. Usually I do, however I wanted to be very sure so I waited a few minutes..
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/31/2014 IMW said: I did not purchase both in same order. Usually I do, however I wanted to be very sure so I waited a few minutes..

Just a tip for the future in case you haven't thought about it...on occasion I may go ahead and place an order for something, and then decide that I want another color, or another item in the same show. If the first one is still available, I go ahead and place a new order for both, check to see if it reduces the shipping before I hit "submit order", and if it does, I place the new order. Then I go back and cancel the first one. I know they don't like cancellations, but my opinion is that if I cancel within a short time (especially if the items are still available), and order two or more items instead of one, how could it possibly hurt them? They're making more money from me!Smile

Honored Contributor

I just don't order anymore unless it is a rare free shipping offer; I have made more suggestions about this to QVC than I can count. If they wanted to be competitive with other websites , they would have addressed it by now.

Clearly, they don't have fair shipping prices as a priority since it is a big source of income for them. As long as customers continue to pay these high shipping charges, nothing is going to change. That's why I stopped buying. If enough did this, they would be forced to address it.