Regular Contributor

I do look online at QVC occasionally, but rarely watch anymore. This company is not managed well. I am so sick of Lisa getting ALL the attention..................what you don't know about her, pictures on every thing and getting all the plum events and promoting GILI on other shows. If I were the other hosts, I would also be sick of it. Also, the same vendors all the time saying the same thing, like Dooney, Vionic, etc. It used to be way more innovative, and I used to spend quite a bit of money on QVC. However, the owner or whoever is making all these decisions has run QVC in the ground. Do you even read the comments? The forums represent way too many unhappy customers, which is just depressing. I think the forums should be restricted somehow. I'm done.

Trusted Contributor

The posters on the forums represent a tiny percentage of QVC shoppers, and ultimately, their comments are outweighed by the money others spend on QVC. As I am sure you are aware, QVC's primary goal is to make money -- not entertain us, and as long as they are raking in profits, they will continue with their current programming style.

I do agree that QVC has changed, and there is less variety than there was years ago. What most fail to realize (or refuse to accept) is that the world of retail has changed. Online shopping did not exist when QVC began, now it is a reality. How many times have we seen people post here about seeing a product on QVC but purchasing elsewhere because of pricing (as online retailers such as Amazon have lower overhead than QVC)?

QVC (along with other shopping networks) are now forced to rely on exclusives such as house brand products or exclusive deals with certain vendors on products with large profit margins in order to survive. It is business, plain and simple, and I fail to see why some posters here get so emotionally involved over a retailer.

Respected Contributor
On 7/24/2014 KYToby said:

The posters on the forums represent a tiny percentage of QVC shoppers, and ultimately, their comments are outweighed by the money others spend on QVC. As I am sure you are aware, QVC's primary goal is to make money -- not entertain us, and as long as they are raking in profits, they will continue with their current programming style.

I do agree that QVC has changed, and there is less variety than there was years ago. What most fail to realize (or refuse to accept) is that the world of retail has changed. Online shopping did not exist when QVC began, now it is a reality. How many times have we seen people post here about seeing a product on QVC but purchasing elsewhere because of pricing (as online retailers such as Amazon have lower overhead than QVC)?

QVC (along with other shopping networks) are now forced to rely on exclusives such as house brand products or exclusive deals with certain vendors on products with large profit margins in order to survive. It is business, plain and simple, and I fail to see why some posters here get so emotionally involved over a retailer.

ITA! Plus, Social media is a hot target market for businesses.

Honored Contributor

I'm as tired of seeing the anti LR posts as a few posters are to see Lisa herself.

Honored Contributor

I've long been weary of having LR's pictures on almost every page every day. There are other hosts to showcase……Jennifer Coffey is one great one that comes to mind. Hey, QVC….it's not all about LR…to some of us.