Not applicable

WAY TOO MUCH OF THE TODAY'S SPECIAL VALUE

I have been shopping with QVC for close to 30 years. I think QVC towers over other shopping channels. One complaint/suggestion I have is regarding the Today's Special Value segments. In my opinion, it is an overkill! Besides the initial presentation at midnight, it's on every other hour plus during other presentations. There are too many presentations for one product. It gets old watching them. Thank you for reading this and any consideration you give to this suggestion.

Honored Contributor

Re: WAY TOO MUCH OF THE TODAY'S SPECIAL VALUE

You'll get no arguments from me. They do feature the TSV too often and for too long presentations and the worst part is that more times than not, it's not a very interesting, compelling or desirable item..., understanding, of course, that the value of any given item is in the eye of the beholder.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

If you watch all day, it's definitely too much. But that's true for lots of channels. For example, if I leave CNN (or any news channel run all day), the same stories, same facts or conjectures are on over and over.

Then there are days like today. I haven't turned by TV on since 2 in the morning - and I'd been asleep for a few hours by then. I'd been tuned into CNN's discussion of the plane disaster when I fell asleep and just flicked the set off and went back. So, I haven't seen the TSV even once yet and it's the middle of the afternoon.

Some days I think the whole world could be under siege and I wouldn't know it. That's scary. On the other hand, plenty of days, the TSV sells out and QVC is showing an OTO if I tune in and I suspect shoppers like me are one of the reasons they show items repeatedly throughout the day. They know some will be bored, but they also know there are going to be potential buyers at 4 or 5 in the afternoon, too.

Honored Contributor

True enough, they're goal is to maximize sales and reach the widest audience possible to unload an item they've typically stocked plenty of... But really, there is no need for there to be a lengthy presentation of the TSV every hour, on the hour...

Super Contributor

I agree especially TSV during ITKWD ,they show over an hour of his show for Electronics,tablets, Wen, on and on and on..plus, sometimes, he is on the following show for an hour or more on next show, same exact junk?

I can see Kitchen Aid,T.T. and rest of kitchen ware.

Honored Contributor

Some days it seems like the first 20 minutes of every hour is non stop blabbing about the TSV ..... it really gets to be TOO MUCH !!

Honored Contributor

They had a two hour show with Valerie Parr Hill scheduled for tonight, but half way through, they interrupted it to do quite a lengthy presentation of the Christmas Tree TSV... Now you know, that's bad. Folks didn't tune in to see that blasted tree YET again, they tuned in expecting to see home decor from Valerie.. I guess their pricey tree wasn't exactly flying out that door they keep talking about!

Honored Contributor

HSN does that too. If they can't tell me about the product within a few minutes, the chances are I'll get bored and flip the channel without purchasing.

Super Contributor

Agreed! They show TSV's too often!!

Honored Contributor

While I understand QVC's idea is to give a spotlight to the TSV throughout the day---the presentations are getting way too long. On several of the Christmas In July Shows the TSV took up about 20 to 25 minutes of the show which is definite OVERKILL!!!! And these lengthy presentations have the opposite effect than what QVC is trying to do, I get tired of the LONG DRAWN OUT presentations and turn the channel or find something else to do and don't come back to QVC....so they actually LOSE OUT ON SALES instead of enticing me to buy!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”