Respected Contributor

Why won't QVC lower their shipping costs?

This isn't a thread to complain. I really would like to know why QVC won't lower their shipping costs. Other channels do or they give free shipping. Now, I don't demand that QVC just give free shipping on everything, but I do wonder why they won't lower it. Is there a legitimate reason?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Re: Why won't QVC lower their shipping costs?

Because it's part of how they generate profit. Without the high shipping, their profits reportedly would be meaningfully less.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

They will when they have to, but I hope they don't do free shipping and reduce their quality. That's what happens elsewhere. The reason I shop QVC is that what I buy is better quality than I can get elsewhere for the same total price - or the total price is less than I pay elsewhere.

I like saving money as well as the next shopper, but I save most by buying fewer things than by buying cheaper things. I have purchased a few items from other channels, but it's been years. What I got was cheap, not inexpensive. I'd rather pay a few extra dollars for shipping than repeat those purchases.

Honored Contributor

Shipping is added in to the pricing one way or another.
Honored Contributor

If you'll study their annual report to stockholders, you see that S&H is an important source of revenue. Without it they'd be operating in the red. Expenses and overhead for an electronic retailer, especially a high end one, are huge. Just think of the salaries they must pay not to mention all the electronic equipment and licenses.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I just went to buy a smaller VB bag on that website. Cancelled the order when I saw that shipping was $10. Makes QVC look like a bargain!

Respected Contributor

@stevieb and kachina624, I didn't know that the shipping brought in the revenue for QVC. When I see things selling out left and right, I figured that would be enough to make up for the costs of things.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

It's become the deciding factor , in whether I buy here or elsewhere . When a 30- something (reduced) price on shoes , turns it into over 50 , it's not a deal anymore .
Contributor

greedy

Esteemed Contributor

They have no incentive to reduce s&h because many of us continue to shop with them regardless of what they charge....I have bought from HSN and ShopHQ....lured by the free shipping....but I always come back to the Q....better quality...