Contributor

nutritional information for food products

It would be helpful to give the nutritional value of food products. If not on air then on the products description on line. I have not purchased many items because of this. Since many people are on diets or have dietary restrictions this would be helpful.
Valued Contributor

Re: nutritional information for food products

On 7/14/2014 mrs clause said: It would be helpful to give the nutritional value of food products. If not on air then on the products description on line. I have not purchased many items because of this. Since many people are on diets or have dietary restrictions this would be helpful.

That's probably why they DON'T post that info{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I agree though - if they don't post it, they should. It seems to be hit and miss, the info is there for some things and not for others.

Honored Contributor

Not a bad idea. I know I frequently bypass supermarket products after looking at the nutritional info. Same at Costco, etc. There's a reason why I do more than 90% of my shopping without ever going down the aisles inside the outer banks of the market. Produce, meats, dairy and home almost all the time.

I did buy QVC's potstickers last winter and then some from Costco recently. QVC's had the better nutritional makeup and a better taste. I assume that's why they're more expensive.

Contributor

The Stuffin Gourmet is the only item that gives the Weight Watchets points, which was 5 points for the meditarian chicken! Thank You!
Super Contributor

I HAVE passed up a lot of products for the simple reason that when they are presented they do not give the CARBOHYDRATE content or the SUGAR grams. That is very important especially to DIABETICS watching or even to someone who is on a diet . They just don't get how really important this is !

Trusted Contributor

I've often wondered how many calories were in Mrs. Prindable's apples while eating them but decided it's the same as a yacht, if I have to ask (the calories), I can't afford it! A fleeting thought as I took the next bite. {#emotions_dlg.crying} Geez, they sound good, wish I had one now. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Contributor

I agree plus they need to start making ingredients lists more available. I want less chemicals in my food no soy, no, corn, no gmo

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree 100%! I have sent them emails and asked why they do not provide nutrition info on air with no reply yet!

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

I surmise that if the nutritional information were given on-air, it would scare off many a would-be buyer, including myself!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~