Honored Contributor

$10 SHIPPING TO MAIL A BRACELET ... SERIOUSLY ?

I find it difficult to accept that the shipping and handling charges need to be so high. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

First of all, WHAT is "handling"?

Secondly, what could justify a $9.72 charge? ... If QVC sent it via Small Flat Rate Box in Priority Mail, it would only be $5.35!

Thirdly .... it's a BRACELET that can't weigh more than 5 ounces!

What's up with the excessive shipping charges? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

Re: $10 SHIPPING TO MAIL A BRACELET ... SERIOUSLY ?

Yeah--just throw it in an envelope, for heaven's sake! Who cares if it gets damaged?

Esteemed Contributor

I sent a small...light weight package to my grandson....it only went a few miles...and it cost me $15.00......UPS.....

Esteemed Contributor

Handling would be that someone in a warehouse has to pull that item, put it in a box with the receipt, maybe put a label on it, and send it on its way....... unless it can just automatically put itself in the mail.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} That still doesn't seem to justify the charge - what bracelet was it?

Honored Contributor

They self-insure.

I know this has been said here a bazillion times, but it continues to be true. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/12/2014 chickenbutt said:

They self-insure.

I know this has been said here a bazillion times, but it continues to be true. Smiley Happy

Since there are so many complaints here about the cost of shipping and handling, it will probably have to be said a bazillion more times! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} For some reason, I think people have a tendency to just consider the actual shipping, disregarding handling and insurance. Even though QVC self-insures, they certainly have it factored into the cost of S&H...and if it's a more expensive bracelet, I'm sure they've factored in a higher cost.

Super Contributor

I purchased a big, beautiful statement necklace with lots of gems and stones and cut floral pieces, fully loaded, and had it shipped from the Orient to the States, and it cost less than $ 9.00 and it was an expensive, heavy necklace !! What's up QVC ?????????

Esteemed Contributor

what I do not understand....how is it HSN and ShopHQ can offer so much free shipping on everything and the Q rarely ever does...and when they do the HOst make a big production out of it....

Respected Contributor

It's not unreasonable to expect not to get fleeced with these S/H charges, and 10 bucks for a bracelet is nuts. Q should take a tip from HSN in that respect.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed when an item is put on "clearance," they hike the S&H. C'est la vie.