Valued Contributor

REMOVE ALL POSTS OLDER THEN ONE MONTH OLD

if they would remove all posts that were older then one month old, it would prevent a lot of problems & avoid people from being able to go back & dig up old dirt, & help a lot of the negative posters avoid going back to read the old posts & make negative comments, only to start a new thread on old posts! in addition, it would free up the boards. if people didn't read the posts within a months time, then i guess it wasn't that important to them. besides, we're talking about the qvc posts, not something that's going to change the world, that if they missed reading, it would have a major impact on them!

Honored Contributor

Re: REMOVE ALL POSTS OLDER THEN ONE MONTH OLD

Better to knock out the idiots creating havoc.

Super Contributor

I've done searches dozens of times to find info I know I saw first time around, but which is no longer current. I like being able to read the old posts.

However, I'm only trying to read, not post to, old posts. Rather than removing them, which is draconian, why not make them "the commenting period has ended"?

Honored Contributor

On 6/10/2014 boyzs said:

if they would remove all posts that were older then one month old, it would prevent a lot of problems & avoid people from being able to go back & dig up old dirt, & help a lot of the negative posters avoid going back to read the old posts & make negative comments, only to start a new thread on old posts! in addition, it would free up the boards. if people didn't read the posts within a months time, then i guess it wasn't that important to them. besides, we're talking about the qvc posts, not something that's going to change the world, that if they missed reading, it would have a major impact on them!

I seriously doubt that removing all posts older than one month will prevent fools from causing mischief on the boards. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

As for "freeing up the boards" .... freeing them up for what? What does that mean? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

Well, if they removed all the old posts from each thread it would just bring all those threads back up to the top. So, I don't understand the reasoning.

I would not be adverse to removing all the SCREAMING thread titles, though. That has really ruined this forum in particular. Often almost every thread has thread titles that are in all caps (i.e. yelling) and it burns up the old eyeballs. Smiley Happy Not to mention that it's considered very rude to YELL online.

Respected Contributor

I don't know. Remove all posts over a month old and the entire forum would be pretty empty. Plus, it still wouldn't stop annoying posters who only want to flood the board. Maybe it woule be better to just ban someone who's purposely flooding the boards just to annoy people. And some people don't posts all in caps to yell or be rude. Usually it's to show excitement or in some cases, some people might be nearsighted and have to post all in caps to see what it is they wrote.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

It's odd. Sometimes "the commenting period has closed" on newer posts, but there's no expiration date for the ones that are years old.

Honored Contributor

I agree - ""close to commenting"" all posts originating over 30 days old. Definitely would put an end to the ""game"" that some idiot delights in playing periodically.

Respected Contributor

Please do not eliminate all old posts. I have done searches many times for old valuable information many various items. These posts besides a daily conversation are a font of valuable information for the care and feeding of QVC products.

Esteemed Contributor

I can see setting limits. Some topics seem to go on and on. I think a month is too short but 6 months might be a place to start. And there are threads that have thousands of posts that have nothing to do with the topic originally posted.