Contributor

Need Models With Hips, Thighs, Waists and Behinds

The models are 10' tall without shoes. Bet you don't look like them when you get your order home (unless you're fooling yourself). The average woman is 5'5" and the petite woman is approximately 5'3". The only real model is Jackie and Iris (although Jackie says she doesn't have a behind, I differ with her). But both of these models are real. So when you get your clothes home and try them on, don't think you're going to look like Kate, Chantel or the other tall skinny models.

Also, take a good look in your mirror and be truthful. Don't go out into the world just to be laughed at {#emotions_dlg.lol}. You will be laughed at if you aren't truthful. And it doesn't matter where you live. Don't ask your husband, family member or friend. ASK YOURSELF AND BE TRUTHFUL.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Models With Hips, Thighs, Waists and Behinds

What makes you think we aren't being "truthful"? I think most women are their own harshest critics!

And, by the way, as far as models go, Rebecca is a 2X, Jesse is a 1X and the cute blonde model whose name I can't recall is either a L or XL. I think QVC has a pretty decent representation of sizes.

Regular Contributor

Have you looked around lately? Jackie is supposedly a large, dark haired Maria is at least a large, Jessie is way over a large, and Rebecca is at least a 1X. Iris as well certainly doesn't look like a large even though she claims to be. Even Kerrie is now at least a medium - not that medium is big, but she's no tall skinny drink of water like Kate, Katia, etc.

I had to smile the other day when watching a fashion show (forgot which one) and Kerrie was modeling tops and pants. She said she was a medium bottom (probably so) and a small on top. Sorry, but she is not a small. She appears to be a full medium which is perfectly fine. I don't understand why the models and the hosts for that matter, constantly claim to be in smaller sizes than they really are. It's so ridiculous. Even Jane Tracy says she is in extra-smalls. Come on, the viewers are not blind.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Super Contributor

I know, I don't get it when the models look 40 pounds more than me, but say they are wearing sizes two smaller than I wear. Thought maybe it was my TV.
Respected Contributor

Sorry, but I disagree with you. They have different size models. By the way, even the ones that may not be the same size or shape as you are "real".

Frequent Contributor

How about a petite model that wears something other than xxs?
Honored Contributor

I am a xxs in q size but not at the mall so I can believe it when some of the hosts and models claim to be a smaller size.the is definitely vanity sizing at the Q
Super Contributor

On 4/16/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

What makes you think we aren't being "truthful"? I think most women are their own harshest critics!

And, by the way, as far as models go, Rebecca is a 2X, Jesse is a 1X and the cute blonde model whose name I can't recall is either a L or XL. I think QVC has a pretty decent representation of sizes.

"By the way" no one from QVC ever says there models are 2X. I think you mean blonde Carrie or Pam who are called extra large or 1X .

Super Contributor

On 4/19/2014 dex said: I am a xxs in q size but not at the mall so I can believe it when some of the hosts and models claim to be a smaller size.the is definitely vanity sizing at the Q

Hello dex, I am a small in the stores but, a XX-small in the QVC sizing. QVC sizing is vanity sizing. In other words they run big.

Honored Contributor

On 4/21/2014 Starlight1 said:
On 4/16/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

"By the way" no one from QVC ever says there models are 2X. I think you mean blonde Carrie or Pam who are called extra large or 1X .

No, that's NOT who I mean. I am referring to the heavy set Rebecca. She might even be a 3X.