Frequent Contributor

After looking at Many Alternate Shopping Channels and Website's I can't help but notice the Sharp contrast between QVC and the competitors... Almost all the others offer a large selection of things on Easy Pays, almost all items all the time. I do not always need to use easy pay but it sure come's in handy when I'm in the mood to buy something and need to stretch the payments out...I am more likely to buy a luxury item this way then to throw down a large amount of money all at once for say a hand bag or jewelry purchase. There are still things I love on QVC, but I am finding Myself shopping other places lately that have more variety, availability, and Easy pays. I think Q needs to get with the Program on this one.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you and I also get fed up with their 'now you see it now you don't' approach to Easy Pay. I've had my eye on an item for a few months but it's availability on EP has been such a fits and starts kind of thing that I finally just decided to buy something else and from somewhere else... I paid less, no shipping and while there was no EP, the savings were significant and I actually got the item. Their EP games might work for them, but they aren't working so well for some of us.

And incidentally, those 'random' Easy Pays are annoying. I got those around the holidays, when so much was already on EP, but didn't get the 'spring' ones, as is usually the case, though I think I got them one stinking time... I could've really used them at this point, with EP being so limited.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

This is a frequent suggestion. For some reason, QVC has decided that increasing the number of products on easy pay is not compatible with its business plan. My guess (and only a guess) is that despite the increase in revenue from the additional sales, there is an increase is loss associated with buyers who never fully pay for the merchandise. Other sites seem to combat this, though, so I am sure there are other factors.

At least QVC occasionally offers all items on easy pay (I believe the next one will be in June).

Frequent Contributor

The Problems with having Easy Pay Days are they are very few of them. I can think of two other shopping sites that have everything on easy pay at least three times a month if not more. And I'm not talking two and three easy pays. I can see the problem with losses with customers who do not finish paying for the purchase but that also is not that simple to do if Your using a bank or credit card unless You plan on letting that card drop off, And as stated others seem to be doing fine with it. I remember when Q use to send good customers offers for Easy Pays in there e-mail or regular mail, they could always do this also but I have not received one from them in a few years.

Super Contributor

I would like to see more easy pays too. As stated the other shopping channels have it most of the time on most products. I tend to look at competition rather than the Q lately.

Contributor

I never used easy pay...but if QVC had any sense, they would put everything on easy pay. As a sales tactic they could grab all the shopper that are like junkies who have to have their fix on every item QVC sells and keep the buyers in their clutches forever. Just like credit cards, you never seem to get them paid off. QVC is obviously not putting their wares out there for the shopper.... they are making the millions for themselves and their product initiators. If people were smart, they would only buy what they could afford, not what they are hyped into buying. Just think...how many items do you have that you just had to have and are in your cupboard or closet getting dusty.

Occasional Contributor

I'm on a fixed budget since I became disabled. I can afford $20 a month for 6 months, paying $120 this month would mean no heart medicine and little food.

There was a show on tonight, I could have bought 3 items if they were on easy pay, instead, I bought nothing. I'm sure many people bought nothing. What's with items over $100 not on easy pay? Wake up QVC, your competition is offering 6 easy pays on everything and free S&H on many jewelry items to boot. Guess where I'm shopping now?

Respected Contributor

I really appreciate MyraK's comment. I am also on a very fixed income, and Easy Pays enable me to buy special items and pay for them over time.

I get very tired of those who rudely assert that "if you can't afford to pay for something all at once, you shouldn't buy it."

Well, I can't afford to pay all at once, but if I ultimately pay for it, why shouldn't I have it?

Frequent Contributor

I agree with Myrak and insomniac.. It should not matter if You can afford to pay for the whole purchase right now or not..with the economy the way it is today it is much easier to purchase a luxury item such as a new purse or jewelry when You can stretch out the payments..reserving the rest of Your budget for other things such as Gas, medications, food, and all those other must have things that cost has gone sky high on. QVC is not doing itself any favors by cutting out the easy pays and eliminating sales to the NOT JUST ON A BUDGET CUSTOMER, BUT .. Even the middle and upper middle class who need to watch spending in this economy.

Super Contributor
On 4/17/2014 MyraK said:

I'm on a fixed budget since I became disabled. I can afford $20 a month for 6 months, paying $120 this month would mean no heart medicine and little food.

There was a show on tonight, I could have bought 3 items if they were on easy pay, instead, I bought nothing. I'm sure many people bought nothing. What's with items over $100 not on easy pay? Wake up QVC, your competition is offering 6 easy pays on everything and free S&H on many jewelry items to boot. Guess where I'm shopping now?

Good point MyraK!! You make a very good point...wake up QVC!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}