New Contributor

Q: What Happens to ALL the merchandise WE return???

SO ~ I am seriously wondering WHAT happens to, I would imagine the 1000's of returns QVC receives probably daily?

EX: IF/WHEN I buy a bra, a pair of sheets, a bathing suit[!!!] am I to understand that ALL these item's are ONLY shipped to my address and strait from the warehouse?

I know WHEN I do return an item, for the most part, it is taken out of the carton, tried on and quickly returned to the packaging and promptly returned ~ but still!

Are we to understand that QVC never ever reships a previously retuned item to a new customer? I find it hard to believe [although I want to and HOPE so!] that ALL returned items become part of the "AS IS" inventory OR maybe go to one of the QVC outlets..

ANYBODY know the answer to this Q? Thanks!! :-)

Occasional Contributor

Re: Q: What Happens to ALL the merchandise WE return???

I assume it depends on the item. If it's jewelry, I know it goes back into inventory, that's how a lot of people on the wait list get their order filled. If it's a product like a computer, good question, do they wipe the hard drive and resell it? It would have to be sold as "used". With an appliance, even if it is unused, the box has been opened and likely damaged. I would imagine undergarments and swimsuits could not be resold, same with food, vitamins, makeup.

Good question.

Valued Contributor

I won't go into detail, but I think I either received a returned item from Neiman Marcus or an item that had been tried on , or returned after being worn somewhere---it had wrinkles across the "lap" part of a dress
Valued Contributor

it arrived in a cardboard box(all beat up) and was stuffed into a plastic bag---not a dress box with tissue and a Neiman's sticker
Super Contributor

I return items only tried on once so I would think those were resold.
Super Contributor

I'm sure they resell anything that's perfectly fine like most stores and write off things that shouldn't be resold or couldn't be, used cosmetics, etc. I know big box stores indicate right on their register if something shouldn't be returned to stock, underwear, etc. Some returns probably to go As Is and I think they sell things in lots to wholesalers like when you for example buy Northern Nights bedding on Ebay that's new, but not in QVC packaging. That's how I figure it anyway.
Honored Contributor

Like any store that sells returned merchandise (and many do) I'm not sure any of us understands how QVC decides what gets sent back out as 'new', what ends up in 'as is' and what gets trashed. Certainly, based on some of what one reads here and to a lesser extent my own experience, there wouldn't seem to be much rhyme or reason. It does increasingly seem that returned merchandise is sometimes not thoroughly inspected and a determination made in that way. I've received as is items that seemed perfectly new (and some for which 'as is' clearly applied) and yet I've received so called 'new' items that were clearly returns...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...