Valued Contributor

Sunday afternoon programming...Big Bore!

OMG...when are the people in charge of airing these shows going to realize that weekends are just awful! Three hours of David...four hours of Sleep Number...three hours of Dooney...and one hour each of Vitamix and Susan Graver! Good thing the weather is nice today because I will not be tuned in to QVC all day. It must be easier to produce these shows with fewer people but to me they could just take the bed and fashions and food and lump them into about a two hour program...not twelve!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sunday afternoon programming...Big Bore!

They air these shows because they move a lot of merchandise with high profit margins, and they are in business to make money -- not entertain us.

If they were not making a small fortune on these shows, do you honestly think they would keep airing them because of the ease of production? Of course not!

Respected Contributor

All weekend is a snooze fest at QVC!!!!

Super Contributor

That's for sure.

Only show I watched yesterday and will watch today is Dooney and Bourke and I was so glad to see Sue Clifton back, I don't care for that other rep.

Oh thank goodness, I just tuned in at 5:30 and caught the tail end of the new host and now Sue is on!! Yaayy!!

UGH! Spoke too soon. Seems they are alternating. If Sue eventually leaves, just another show I won't be watching!!

Valued Contributor

I am not stupid and was a merchandise manager and do realize QVC is not there to ""entertain"" but to sell...if they do not sell they would be off air! But...there is an element of entertainment involved when you are on TV and if there is nothing there to keep our interest then soon there will be no viewers. I did not suggest they not have Dooney or sleep number or David on...just mix it up with more vendors.

Frequent Contributor

To the poster that said they are in it for money and not to ""entertain us"" .. That's pretty much basic sense but... What happens when everyone gets so bored with the same old programming and the same old products? They start looking elsewhere to shop and before You know it..sales for QVC start to drop. You can only run one or two products into the ground before most people either have them already or no longer want to hear about it.

Contributor

I've gotten to where I barely watch QVC anymore...I go on line if I am looking for something to buy. You are all correct, the more boring the "entertainment" value to the products the more people will tune out and with the weather getting better I doubt I will be in front of the TV watching QVC. 2 weeks ago David was on 5 HOURS and 2 of those were Kitchen Aid Mixerw which had just been on before him for 2 hours. OVERKILL.

I can't believe, that of the millions of objects for sale in this world, that QVC could not come up with something new to sell. Sounds like a poor production team to me. If they had good sales tactics, people would watch more if they thought they would get to see something new once in a while.

I for one would never buy a mattress on TV. I have to lay on it to see if I like it and their mattresses are way overpriced.

I'm sure people out West (California etc) find the items reasonable because everything is overpriced there and QVC prices tend to be East Coast priced which is a bonus for Westerners but we can buy in the East at most stores cheaper than QVC prices.

Honored Contributor

Well if you loved last Sunday you should just adore the one coming up... Computers, Dyson, more computers, more Dyson, Susan (twice), that kitchen... Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does... If ever they needed an influx of new blood (in programming, buying and management), new brands and new merchandise... it is SO now.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't watch at all anymore but never watched on weekends....always knew it would be nonstop electronics, vacuums, mixers or blenders. Very predictable.

QVC could use a makeover.

Honored Contributor

QVC is losing me and many others as customers .... its gotten so repetitive I hardly watch or buy anymore....And clever show titles or themes don't change the same products that you show continuously....

Time for a programmer/buyer shakeup QVC....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”