Regular Contributor

What happened with the creative products that QVC used to sell? So many vendors have stopped selling on QVC and now it seems that the only products they sell are electronics (If I see one more Dyson, HP, Susan Graver, Judith Ripka or Dell as a TSV- I will SCREAM). They used to have some really neat products and the hosts didn't seem so desperate to sell...They must have a lot of inventory...{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Trusted Contributor

QVC is in business to make money -- not entertain us. The fact is that their profit margins are much higher on the frequently-shown items, so as long as people continue to buy, they will continue to feature them.

QVC can sell tens of thousands of computers of vacuums, making hundreds in profit off of each one; how many of their former "creative" products would they have to sell to make the same? The answer is they could not sell enough.

Frequent Contributor

I think KYToby works for QVC ...lol. I hear the same explanation from this poster on every complaint about repeat programming and boring products. I guess some of Us long time Customers are holding out hope that it might be a better shopping channel like it use to be some day..as for Me..I am branching out and as of right now I do not see anything on the Q that interest Me enough to buy. No good deals either. I'm sure just a handful of shoppers leaving is not going to hurt there bottom line...even infomercials make good profit or they would not still be on air. What QVC has lost is its appeal, and that is what is so sad.

Occasional Contributor

I think one of the reasons they have reduced the number of vendors is that they can get lower prices by committing to larger purchases. Unfortunately I don't see that savings being passed on to customers.

I used to buy a lot from QVC, they would have unique products that I wasn't aware of. Now, I can repeat the sales spiels verbatim. I don't like the hyper sales pitches. There must be huge pressure on these people to sell. And yes, I do find myself watching less and less, and rarely purchasing. I learned the hard way not to buy any plants, my local nursery has much higher quality and size plants/bulbs at a lower cost and no S&H.

I just stumbled upon this forum because I thought it was a place to make a product recommendation.