Frequent Contributor

QVC Needs to have a serious Meeting..post if You agree

Ok, How many people are tired of the boring programming of the same products over and over, over pricing, poor shipping, rude CS, POOR QUALITY, and no product availability, no easy pays, and just plain not the same old QVC at all and think that this company, QVC and all the heads, need to sit down and have a meeting and read these forums.. Some of Us like Me have been here since 1987, and I am pretty done.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Needs to have a serious Meeting..post if You agree

While I agree that maybe there should be more variety shown daily as opposed to hours of the same product, I think maybe the amount of products sold is the determining factor. I would tend to think that a lot of the purchasers are not steadily watching for the variety and entertainment value but just here and there when they order the items that those of us who do not work and are able to watch or check what's offered are bored with. Also the posters here are a small minority and probably most posting do not ever buy or hardly ever nor would they buy much anyway regardless of the variety - at least according to what I read here. The ones purchasing the most are now probably those who work and have busy lives and do not have time to watch all day but catch a presentation that is convenient for them. In all likelihood sales would decline in the areas of larger ticket items if they were not shown off and on all day.

I don't find the pricing bad and have no problem with the shipping but it would be nice to have all items ordered together for one shipping price or somewhat cheaper fees. I have noticed that a lot of companies who provide free shipping or lower shipping charge more for each item to make up for it. I also don't have a problem with quality but I very rarely buy clothing and jewelry and any time I have needed to call customer service I have found them very helpful. I don't just sit down and watch a shopping channel so it's not my entertainment.

Way back when I started buying and watching there was no internet to buy from and you could only purchase while the product was being shown on shopping channels but times keep changing.

Honored Contributor

Yes, OP. I agree. There needs to be some serious consideration given to addressing any number of items related to the current operation, programming, website, pricing structure, inventory, product mix, product availability and pretty much the overall standard operating procedures. Even those that still work most of the time could use some tweaking. To me, the product mix, programming, lack of availability and weak customer incentives have become QVC's weakest links.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I definitely agree with the OP particularly about the LACK of variety of products. The reason I started shopping with QVC was the uniqueness of its products that I could not find locally....now it seems all they offer is KitchenAid, Keurig, Dyson, Shark, Ninja, Vitamix ENDLESS COMPUTERS which can all be purchased at local stores with no shipping added.

And their clothing lines ---Graver, Logo, and Woman With Control and aren't my taste---and many don't like polyester whatever name you label it with---Peach Skin, Liquid Knit, Ponte Di Roma etc. Denim and Company used to be a good line but the quality has diminished and sizing is so inconsistent!!! And QVC doesnt like to put measurements on the air!!!!

Jewelry-many don't like bronzo or black spinel and these so called unique designs from Italy are nothing but the same ole stuff with higher prices for costume jewelry...

I watch and shop QVC less and less there are only a few vendors I still buy from, mostly online. And for those of us that work, contrary to what QVC thinks, I have to earn my living and can't keep my PC, tablet, or phone app tuned in for shopping when I'm supposed to be working! Put some of the more unique vendors in prime time and I dont mean prime time east coast either! You seem to cater to the Northeast and ignore the central time zones and west coast...

I have read your financials and although a profit is made from raising prices and your warehousing and shipping, your sales remain flat. Quit with the clever show titles to show the same things over and over and over! And Brand Discovery Day you got to be kidding we as customers know the FEW brands you show repeatedly!

I concur-- a definite CHANGE is in order because QVC you are doing nothing about customer retention. ...and something especially needs to be done with your weekend lineup!

And for the QVC Cheerleaders---yes I turn the channel and find something else to do and do NOT watch and that's QVC's problem!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2014 Pook said:

While I agree that maybe there should be more variety shown daily as opposed to hours of the same product, I think maybe the amount of products sold is the determining factor. I would tend to think that a lot of the purchasers are not steadily watching for the variety and entertainment value but just here and there when they order the items that those of us who do not work and are able to watch or check what's offered are bored with. Also the posters here are a small minority and probably most posting do not ever buy or hardly ever nor would they buy much anyway regardless of the variety - at least according to what I read here. The ones purchasing the most are now probably those who work and have busy lives and do not have time to watch all day but catch a presentation that is convenient for them. In all likelihood sales would decline in the areas of larger ticket items if they were not shown off and on all day.

I don't find the pricing bad and have no problem with the shipping but it would be nice to have all items ordered together for one shipping price or somewhat cheaper fees. I have noticed that a lot of companies who provide free shipping or lower shipping charge more for each item to make up for it. I also don't have a problem with quality but I very rarely buy clothing and jewelry and any time I have needed to call customer service I have found them very helpful. I don't just sit down and watch a shopping channel so it's not my entertainment.

Way back when I started buying and watching there was no internet to buy from and you could only purchase while the product was being shown on shopping channels but times keep changing.

1. I had to laugh at your response---most of us that are complaining are those that work and when we get home and check the program guide or flip through the channels see nothing but the same merchandise over and over and over on QVC so we find something else to do. The unique shows are SELDOM shown in the evening prime time hours! So at least those that don't work get to see some variety and even Sharon made a joke about those at home during the day get all the good deals ...not funny to us working customers!

2. So if you don't buy the jewelry or clothing then how can you comment on that part of the lineup---I have and many others that have complained about the quality and pricing!

3. So a small minority read the boards---go through various topics ranging from Beauty and changed or watered down formulas, to Fashion, to Kitchen, For The Home, Electronics many many customers seem to be complaining....And its been said that one customer complaint on the boards, email, and mail equals 800 customers, and many more walk away without saying a word....And its easier to keep a customer then trying to attract new customers---so it appears QVC is not doing due diligence on customer retention....

4.You've really checked prices and shipping.....better deals elsewhere!

5. If QVC is doing so great why are they relying on price increases and shipping to make a profit...and why are sales flat....

I will give you this.....times are certainly changing and QVC certainly isn't keeping up with the competition or the times.....China and Italy cant helped with their profits forever...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

well I can tell you that I'm not watching the Q's ""spring cooking"" event today. That goes to most of their weekend programming any more.

No reason to watch and I don't.

Honored Contributor

I have to laugh at people's responses because they think they know more than those running the company - when in reality they are just people with no special business skills or they would be running their own large successful companies, They think that QVC just has to tailor everything to their personal wants and needs regardless what is good for business. I would be willing to bet that if QVC made changes to what according to a small minority want, sales would plummet but I guess that wouldn't matter because the complainers would then have the entertainment they want 24/7 just custom made for them!! Don't watch or buy but just know there are probably more that buy and are happy with QVC than those who aren't!! The variety online at QVC is great and all anyone has to do is search for what they are looking for. You don't need tv to purchase.

Honored Contributor

Sales are what count. They are not running this programming to entertain us.

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2014 Pook said:

I have to laugh at people's responses because they think they know more than those running the company - when in reality they are just people with no special business skills or they would be running their own large successful companies, They think that QVC just has to tailor everything to their personal wants and needs regardless what is good for business. I would be willing to bet that if QVC made changes to what according to a small minority want, sales would plummet but I guess that wouldn't matter because the complainers would then have the entertainment they want 24/7 just custom made for them!! Don't watch or buy but just know there are probably more that buy and are happy with QVC than those who aren't!! The variety online at QVC is great and all anyone has to do is search for what they are looking for. You don't need tv to purchase.

Oh please, those with all those special skills and abilities to run large companies manage to run those very same large companies into the ground every day of the week... Maybe you should pull up a list of major corporations that have failed in recent memory and then poll their customer base to see if they might well have predicted it, based on the avenues down which all those astute and capable managers decided to take their once solid companies...

On-line, on-TV, the variety offered by QVC is not great... and incidentally, neither is product availability...

No one expects 24/7 entertainment tailored exclusively to them, but a better mix of programming, products and more consistent product availability might just ensure that once in a blue moon you do capture the interest of someone other than those that apparently spend 24/7 playing with 'devices' or small kitchen and household appliances... Heck, they might even be able to eek out a profit margin that isn't based almost exclusively on higher prices and exorbitant shipping fees...

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2014 SPURT said:

I definitely agree with the OP particularly about the LACK of variety of products. The reason I started shopping with QVC was the uniqueness of its products that I could not find locally....now it seems all they offer is KitchenAid, Keurig, Dyson, Shark, Ninja, Vitamix ENDLESS COMPUTERS which can all be purchased at local stores with no shipping added.

And their clothing lines ---Graver, Logo, and Woman With Control and aren't my taste---and many don't like polyester whatever name you label it with---Peach Skin, Liquid Knit, Ponte Di Roma etc. Denim and Company used to be a good line but the quality has diminished and sizing is so inconsistent!!! And QVC doesnt like to put measurements on the air!!!!

Jewelry-many don't like bronzo or black spinel and these so called unique designs from Italy are nothing but the same ole stuff with higher prices for costume jewelry...

I watch and shop QVC less and less there are only a few vendors I still buy from, mostly online. And for those of us that work, contrary to what QVC thinks, I have to earn my living and can't keep my PC, tablet, or phone app tuned in for shopping when I'm supposed to be working! Put some of the more unique vendors in prime time and I dont mean prime time east coast either! You seem to cater to the Northeast and ignore the central time zones and west coast...

I have read your financials and although a profit is made from raising prices and your warehousing and shipping, your sales remain flat. Quit with the clever show titles to show the same things over and over and over! And Brand Discovery Day you got to be kidding we as customers know the FEW brands you show repeatedly!

I concur-- a definite CHANGE is in order because QVC you are doing nothing about customer retention. ...and something especially needs to be done with your weekend lineup!

And for the QVC Cheerleaders---yes I turn the channel and find something else to do and do NOT watch and that's QVC's problem!

Excuse me Spurt, but please be advised that QVC is in the eastern time zone and really, it IS the only one that matters...

I had a more detailed response to this particular little commentary of yours, but decided it wouldn't be nice of me to hijack this nice lady's thread in order to read you the riot act... Perhaps another place... another time...

{#emotions_dlg.angry}