Not applicable

Bright idea to change pins to password. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Change for the sake of change! Really, stop the madness. Now I have a pin for automated/pin using my phone/ password for online. Are you kidding me? ENOUGH. Pin has worked and been private for twenty years now. Passwords are a pain for all of us....now, you want more than one way to interact with you. DONE!!!! While I am complaining...changing the availability colours has been tried. It failed! Again, we try......My problem is not w/ change. It is with the two changes. They make it more diffcult to do business with you. In this day and time....it should be EASY!

Honored Contributor

I liked the simple PIN too, but I guess they assessed a password to be more secure, which it would have to be. In as much as they would likely be held responsible for any data breach, I guess I can understand them forcing the issue. I'll miss using my PIN and since I don't tend to use automated ordering I sort of doubt it'll get much of a workout...

As for the on-air graphics and availability guide, yes, those are clearly change for the sake of change and not for the better. I get the sense even the hosts don't like them. I honestly don't think they test market anything... It's like someone in 'corporate' has a brain... uh... storm... and they run with it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor
they sign me in, they sign me out and I've been here the whole time---they sign me in, they sign me out....
Honored Contributor
I agree. It seems like I spend all my online QVC time signing in after I'm signed out. Give me a 4 number PIN any day.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

As I understand it (from learning the hard way), QVC is trying to avoid what Target went through by enhancing security. And when you change your password, be very careful when you enter it. If you make a mistake (typo) three times in a row, your account will be suspended. You then have to call C/S. I'm in favor of enhanced security.

Honored Contributor
On 3/19/2014 Krimpette said:

As I understand it (from learning the hard way), QVC is trying to avoid what Target went through by enhancing security. And when you change your password, be very careful when you enter it. If you make a mistake (typo) three times in a row, your account will be suspended. You then have to call C/S. I'm in favor of enhanced security.

So am I, Krimpette. Sadly many many many here are in favor of laziness over security.

Super Contributor

ITA. This isn't fort knox. Just another reason why I have a Q card and that's the only card I will ever have on file with them.

Super Contributor
What is the big deal? The login is now safer. You still use your pin number to order, if I read this correctly.
Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.scared} They really need to stop doing this with the website. I am new to these boards but, like my grandmother used to always say...If it is not broken don't fix it!

Honored Contributor

Well, it has been broken. People have had their names and pins published by hackers or just a foul up. I applaud their efforts to get this place in shape. Everyone else requires passwords, its not that big of a deal.