Super Contributor

Models should be switched out, they are not like other employees. Does a magazine use the same model every single month, of course not. The Editor is the same , but the models change. I am so tired of seeing some of these women, they looked dazed, they must live there, its just so boring and stagnant.

I think Katia is the only one who really takes it to professional level by changing up her look. Take Susanne, she looks way too old to be wearing her long straight hair, and that look, OMG, as if she is half gone. Honestly, there are more too that need to go, that shoulda gone. You can find other over weight old, well kept ladies too to replace your special category. Just do it, you do everything else. I mean OMG, even your hair models, can you not do something??

Honored Contributor

Re: How about some new models?

We're not talking Vogue here...

Wink

The models are there to serve a purpose and they do. I've noted over the years a few come and a few go. Some of the current crop of newer models brought in within the last few years don't really strike me as anything special and I personally preferred some of those who have left or whose air time is minimal, though I like some of the longer term models who have remained.

I'd guess QVC likes the continuity that having a stable, well, stable of models provides. Besides, I think they assume, probably rightly so, that some viewers have bonded with certain of the models...

People complain that they want more older models, bigger models, models in wheel chairs and so on, but at the end of the day, personally, the models do what needs to be done and simply aren't that important to me. Besides, QVC can only have so much of a mix and only have so many of 'the girls' on contract, and somewhat justifiably so... Their mix of models seems pretty reasonable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

Male Troll

Esteemed Contributor

stevie....I have to disagree with you....there is NOT a good mix of models...unless you are tall and thin.....I have and so have some others....asked for models who are 2x and 3x...shorter would help .........but we never see any of those....

I was so pleased, yesterday, I received a catalog from Bon Ton that actually had heavy set models throughout the book...first time I have ever seen their catalog...as I don't purchase my clothes from there.....it was refreshing to be able to relate to the models...to see how the clothes might look on me....

as to TheBig....he or she has a good idea when it comes to changing out the models periodlcally....even Mall Stores have to refresh their storefronts now and then....

Honored Contributor

Models are just a prop to showcase the clothing. I barely notice any details and don't really care what their names are and how their hair looks. Unless someone has no real life and is watching specifically to notice every little thing to complain about it wouldn't matter.

I do think they should have more shorter models and a more variety of sizes though.

Esteemed Contributor

I disagree with the OP. Most of QVC's models do a fine job. I think Katia's efforts to change it up are too distracting and actually take attention away from the merchandise being sold. When Judith Ripka had a TSV several months back, it was incredibly distracting tuning in each show to see Katia prancing around in the background. One hour her hair was very short and the next hour her hair was below the waist. Her movements were quite comical at times. If the model is taking the attention away from the product, it defeats the purpose of having a model in the first place.

Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2014 wildcat fan said:

I disagree with the OP. Most of QVC's models do a fine job. I think Katia's efforts to change it up are too distracting and actually take attention away from the merchandise being sold. When Judith Ripka had a TSV several months back, it was incredibly distracting tuning in each show to see Katia prancing around in the background. One hour her hair was very short and the next hour her hair was below the waist. Her movements were quite comical at times. If the model is taking the attention away from the product, it defeats the purpose of having a model in the first place.

I like Katia, but I think you make a valid point. She sometimes seems to be trying to be so cute to make herself the center of attention rather than the item she's supposed to be modeling. And yes, she mixes up her look and most of the time in ways that are flattering, but sometimes she goes too far and looks a little too OTT...

Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2014 circles said:

stevie....I have to disagree with you....there is NOT a good mix of models...unless you are tall and thin.....I have and so have some others....asked for models who are 2x and 3x...shorter would help .........but we never see any of those....

I was so pleased, yesterday, I received a catalog from Bon Ton that actually had heavy set models throughout the book...first time I have ever seen their catalog...as I don't purchase my clothes from there.....it was refreshing to be able to relate to the models...to see how the clothes might look on me....

as to TheBig....he or she has a good idea when it comes to changing out the models periodlcally....even Mall Stores have to refresh their storefronts now and then....

That's fine. We all see things through our own eyes and I guess for me, the mix is usually adequate. I've noted several larger models lately in various shows and while I have no idea of how plus size they might be, it seems large women are represented, though I understand that some feel even more of a mix is desirable.

As for bringing in new ones, again, they seem to do so every few years, by adding some new to the existing cadre as some of the previous models either fall by the wayside or are used less often... and some of the newer ones they've brought in aren't as good as some that we no longer see much of... I guess it's just not such a big deal for me. The models serve their purpose and I like that some of them are familiar...

Valued Contributor

I'm real neutral on the models----I don't know their names or sizes or ??? I DID hear the ""petite"" model is 5' 2"". I'm shorter than that but I can even get a visual idea of the fit of clothing by seeing all the models----I'm a ver small size but even the larger women provide a sort of ""thumb-nail sketch""---I don't buy too many clothing pieces or anything else from Q but it's interesting......
Honored Contributor

It's tiresome for me to see the same models over and over again, it's refreshing to see the petite models they trot out for the Denim & Co., it gives me a better perspective on sizing. I don't think these models command too high of a salary and that's why we see so much of the same ones. Katia is very dramatic and does distract me from focusing on the item, but again she really does not compel me to buy clothes.