Trusted Contributor

Wondering why QVC does not seem to be getting new items....

It seems to be the same old stuff. Why don't they branch out and get new things like Coach purses. They are giving Lisa R a chance to sell cheap copies, why not get new things in that are real?

Honored Contributor

Re: Wondering why QVC does not seem to be getting new items....

I 'm sure there are many aspects of a product that must be considered before they make a decision to sell it. They know what they're doing; we may not agree but they're in business for profit and if they can't be assured of one, they're not going to stock it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I wonder the same thing, lldaisy. It hasn't been that long ago-5 or 6 years, maybe?-they used to get new products all the time. It was part of the appeal and they've definitely lost it.
Respected Contributor

Their warehouses are already overloaded with stuff they won't cut prices on.

Honored Contributor

It seems like "corporate" has made a conscious decision to significantly narrow the scope of their offerings to just a few brands that they then present incessantly, to the point where some viewers/customers are feeling inundated and fully saturated by those brands and so are no longer interested. Their focus also appears to be on "house" brands, where they ostensibly, to some extent, control the costs of manufacturing and reap more profit than they likely would selling "outside" brands. This now appears to be their oft cited "business model". It's one that might be working for them in the short term, depending on for how long they can rely on an influx of new customers who aren't bored senseless by their approach and on existing customers staying loyal for some reason or reasons... I still find enough on QVC to make occasional viewing and shopping worth my while, though the occasions grow fewer and fewer, but given their present model that surely isn't going to be the case for a whole lot longer.

I'm sick to death of looking at the program guide and seeing the same things over and over. Today, is a perfect case in point. If I'm not interested in "more than a blender" or Susan Graver (and I'm not) then there's absolutely no reason for me to even consider tuning in. These are both brands that QVC runs completely into the ground.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 2/15/2014 insomniac said:

Their warehouses are already overloaded with stuff they won't cut prices on.

Oh yea, and then there's that too...

They mark years old items down by a few dollars and call it a sale... and they'll sell seasons old merchandise, long phased out by other retailers, at full retail price for years after the item ceased to be new rather than mark it down significantly.

They're a quirky bunch... And pretty clearly it's their way or the highway...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Because we as a nation just can't buy enough cheap plastic swivel lights from China.

Super Contributor

They seem to like to stick to their same ten cash cows.

Trusted Contributor

It may be that there is so much more competition now than several years ago. Before the internet exploded and people felt safe ordering on internet, for many, especially in small towns, home shopping was THE place to get things you couldn't even find anywhere else.

Remember when flameless candles, solar powered anything, (just examples) were hard to find? Now you can find most anything you want from lots of internet sites to brick and mortar stores and at fairly low prices, often less than what QVC charges.

It has to be hard for QVC to make a profit on a lot of items that can be easily purchased elsewhere from competitors who can afford to sell for less, so they keep to their main brands that are mostly exclusive to QVC.

Honored Contributor

On 2/16/2014 Scotnovel said:

It may be that there is so much more competition now than several years ago. Before the internet exploded and people felt safe ordering on internet, for many, especially in small towns, home shopping was THE place to get things you couldn't even find anywhere else.

Remember when flameless candles, solar powered anything, (just examples) were hard to find? Now you can find most anything you want from lots of internet sites to brick and mortar stores and at fairly low prices, often less than what QVC charges.

It has to be hard for QVC to make a profit on a lot of items that can be easily purchased elsewhere from competitors who can afford to sell for less, so they keep to their main brands that are mostly exclusive to QVC.

Scotnovel you make some good points but it appears what QVC has chosen to show are those ITEMS EASILY PURCHASED LOCALLY at non competitive prices, then add in QVC's high shipping charges. It seems they would do better with the different, unique and unusual and carve out a niche market instead of competing with local stores and Amazon.... I can find Dyson, Vitamix, Sleep Number Beds, Serta Mattresses and computers/tablets locally YET QVC seems to rotating them over and over and over and over again.....and in particular on the weekends, after folks get done with their errands and a captive audience due to bad weather and nothing on TV on the weekends....you'd think QVC would be more innovative in their products and programming...

And as for their clothing....if you don't like Graver's polyester, the wigglin and jigglin Renee and With With Control....or the quirky Logo line then you shop elsewhere.....so their limited Q clothing brands do not appeal to the masses either....

Beauty is the only line where they have an enormous variety but folks have been complaining about water downed formulas and/or products not performing as advertised.

In other words....QVC needs to do something to spruce up it's merchandise and programming .....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”