Fall Fashion Clearance
139 Members and 12764 Guests Online

Suggestion Box

What QVC should tell you about Easy-Pay but doesn't... so I will

Started 1292889327.263 in Suggestion Box | Last reply 1298731775.4 by Go Pokes!

so, I always use Easy-Pay when available. Well recently, I had fraud activity with my designated Easy-Pay credit card and the account was closed. As soon as QVC called me to let me know that they couldn't get authorization, I jumped on the website to update with my new card.... It never occured to me that I needed to update 'past' Easy-Pay accounts with my new card info... thinking that by inputting the new info, the whole thing would be updated was incorrect...now my $20 something payment was sent to collection... with fees no less...and on top of that, when I called to find out the information, the collection agency wanted to gank me with more fees by accepting my payment over the phone.. I can send a check for .44 and not have to incur a $4 payment charge... someone is winning and it's not me...and on top of it all, the collection lady mentioned that that is how they get a lot of collections from QVC... nice... so buyer beware with Easy-Pay... hope if something like this happens to you, you'll now know in advance how to handle.

Page 1 of 1
Tissyannie1292889589.2236563 PostsRegistered 6/26/2010

I had a similiar issue with E-Z pay and a credit card several years ago- but I was notified by mail from QVC that if I did not contact them with an updated card then I would be reported to a collection agency. I do not like to get too many e-z pays going at once, because it can become out of control rather quickly. I agree- buyer beware and be careful.

Last edited on 12/20/2010

Last edited on 12/20/2010

I go to prepare a place for you, in my father's house are many mansions.

kivah1292894184.8133393 PostsRegistered 7/21/2008oxnard, CA

I've never used EZ pay - but if QVC sends accounts to collections so easily - I suggest you never buy from them again. That would tick me off!!!!!!!

CaChica1292897478.6375883 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006

It's nice you posted to alert others. My card was compromised and even though I added a new card no. I had an easy pay that was past due.

luvmyteddy1292898351.5978141 PostsRegistered 9/4/2010Land of Oz

I changed my exp date on my card on here and they still kept sending me emails to update my card!

purrmom1292967644.9833399 PostsRegistered 5/27/2010Mid-MO

I had that happen at Shop NBC & their Customer Service was very rude.

k9unit1293153922.1671 PostsRegistered 12/23/2010

well they dont collect your private info before they do this, so if i were any of you id just fight it, they dont verify who you are, they dont do anything, all u do is give an email address and a credit card number, doesnt even have to be your number, scams waiting to happen if you ask me.

dm20081298518964.362 PostsRegistered 2/9/2008
On 12/23/2010 k9unit said:

well they dont collect your private info before they do this, so if i were any of you id just fight it, they dont verify who you are, they dont do anything, all u do is give an email address and a credit card number, doesnt even have to be your number, scams waiting to happen if you ask me.

I can't believe this easy pay crappola. I paid them a chunk of change and they keep billing me. I said how can I possibly owe you any more because the amount I sent you was more than what each item costs in total!!!

I think there is something fishy in the easy pay department and QVC is hurting and gouging their customers. I mean think about it... one dollar each from the millions of customers. And they don't think we are watching.

I am now thinking QVC is EVIL!

Last edited on 2/24/2011

bonnielu1298559452.0135392 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Western Maryland

I had an issue as well. I was told I was LATE then I was told it was their mistake and my late fees were refunded. And then all the fun began. The Q card company reported the LATE to the Experian and Equafax, and Transunion. I am told, I have to wait until 2015 to clear my record. I have had unblemished credit forever, and this really rocked my world.

culebra1298559922.1532251 PostsRegistered 3/22/2005

When my bank merged, I was assigned a new credit card and number. I called QVC customer service and they immediately changed the credit card assigned to my EZ Pays and to my account. They were very helpful. The Customer Service representative thanked me for being so timely and efficient.

Last edited on 2/24/2011

Last edited on 2/24/2011

Lyn081298560999.312037 PostsRegistered 7/30/2008

I think the best thing to do if you need to change your credit card number, is to call QVC Customer Service directly, and not make the change on-line. I was issued a credit card with a new number, so I called Customer Service, and they changed my credit card number for all orders, including my auto-deliveries and easy pays.

molisa1298561883.671160 PostsRegistered 8/25/2010Missouri

I am surprised it was sent to collections so quickly. In December my bank merged and I was sent a new card. Because it was the holidays and busy I "spaced off" updating my info. with QVC. It was actually about 5 weeks, I recieved a very polite letter from QVC telling me there was a problem with my account, my card had been rejected and they needed payment on 2 ez-pays. I immediately updated and have had no problems since. I just am so surprised it would be sent so quickly since mine actually went over a month before I updated. QVC was more than polite and never, ever threatened me with collections, even though I had made the mistake by overlooking my responsiblity to change the information with them.

frannyfine­fan1298612486.25388 PostsRegistered 5/15/2010

I have tons of easy pays going on at one time. Tons. To the tune of like 14 or 15. You copy and paste it and print it how. Not hard at all. I havent run into any problems with easy pay so far. and the one time i did forget to update my expiration date i found it in order status saying call Customer Service.. So i did end of story. They probably sent something out. You didn't get it or something. Sorry tho

gypsy21298613335.741906 PostsRegistered 5/24/2010
On 2/24/2011 molisa said:

I am surprised it was sent to collections so quickly. In December my bank merged and I was sent a new card. Because it was the holidays and busy I "spaced off" updating my info. with QVC. It was actually about 5 weeks, I recieved a very polite letter from QVC telling me there was a problem with my account, my card had been rejected and they needed payment on 2 ez-pays. I immediately updated and have had no problems since. I just am so surprised it would be sent so quickly since mine actually went over a month before I updated. QVC was more than polite and never, ever threatened me with collections, even though I had made the mistake by overlooking my responsiblity to change the information with them.

Same with me. They sent me a letter and i called. When i found out what the problem was I gave them the new number and they updated all my ez pays. No problem.

mother bear1298613683.0833843 PostsRegistered 12/10/2010Puget Sound
On 2/24/2011 Lyn08 said:

I think the best thing to do if you need to change your credit card number, is to call QVC Customer Service directly, and not make the change on-line. I was issued a credit card with a new number, so I called Customer Service, and they changed my credit card number for all orders, including my auto-deliveries and easy pays.

That is what I did and I had no problem.

Buck-i-Nana1298613724.157340 PostsRegistered 9/26/2007South West Ohio
On 2/24/2011 bonnielu said:

I had an issue as well. I was told I was LATE then I was told it was their mistake and my late fees were refunded. And then all the fun began. The Q card company reported the LATE to the Experian and Equafax, and Transunion. I am told, I have to wait until 2015 to clear my record. I have had unblemished credit forever, and this really rocked my world.

That's not QVC, that's GE MoneyBank. I would call GE MoneyBank and ask for a supervisor. If they won't resolve it, you have the right to submit a statement to the credit bureaus to be attached to that negative report that explains the situation. Given the rest of your credit, I believe anyone looking at your credit reports will find in your favor.

Personally, I closed all my accounts that were handled by GE Money as they closed one of my accounts a couple of years back because I didn't use it enough or carry any balance. Closed by Credit grantor adversely affects your credit rating. As GE wouldn't do anything to remedy that, I closed all my accounts that they were the card service manager for.

Enjoying my retirement 1 cup of coffee at a time.

NOT invisible anymore, so get over it! I'm not gonna disappear :)

dgluvr1298615515.145220 PostsRegistered 5/12/2008

Does that also happen if you use the Q-card? MY Mom only uses that -there is no expiration that I know of. Also I recently received notice that a credit card was closed by the credit grantor- I assume because I haven't used it in years ( I don't even know what card it was but I suspect it was an appliance store account ( only at that store) and since I haven't replaced any stoves etc for years had no reason to use it. I guess I should have called to find out since I don't have a whole lot of cards and certainly don't rack up charges on one I have.Didn't think it would affect my credit for something that was never overdue or incurred late charges.

Last edited on 2/25/2011

Last edited on 2/25/2011

Breea1298615799.683786 PostsRegistered 11/6/2007

I took my card to the bank to have it activated and the teller deactivated it in error. There was nothing they could do to "undo" the error so I had to wait until my new card came in the mail which took about 5 days. I had EZpays coming off of this card. I just called the "Q" and told customer service what had happened with the branch managers name at my bank if they had any questions. I then paid them what was owed with another card. When the new card came, I called them back and they updated all of my outstanding orders on EZ pay with the new card number. I had NO issues with QVC at all! They were great!

I love qvc1298647930.139 PostsRegistered 2/25/2011

Been there. My credit card expired--like all credit cards do--so, when I put in my new card, it did not take care of the easy pays hanging out there on the expired card. I called, and called, and called on every "contact customer service note"--I went in to try and change payment method but it doesn't always work. It took a while to clean it up.

midnight1298648309.3773312 PostsRegistered 9/3/2006
On 12/20/2010 sandy rose said:

I've never used EZ pay - but if QVC sends accounts to collections so easily - I suggest you never buy from them again. That would tick me off!!!!!!!

I agree, sheesh!!!

mikeandmon­et1298730904.783452 PostsRegistered 8/9/2008

I call Customer Service when I get the letter saying my expiration date is coming up, and the rep fixes everything on the phone. I do not buy online.

I MUST alert any shoppers, however, who use the ShopNBC card!!! I buy from them once per year, and the last time I charged on it, using their flex-pay or whatever, the second monthly payment had a $1.99 charge added on, and continued to be added each month. I called and they said I received something in the mail and agreed to such a charge. What a ripoff.

lavenderju­nkie1298731520.20312779 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Ladies, are you having these problems using the QVC credit card or using a regular Visa, MC, etc issued directly by someone else?

Go Pokes!1298731597.32449 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009OKC

OMG, I can't thank you enough for tell me of this. I have a payment coming up soon, but switched my CC information.

I just switched everything to the new card. Once again, thank you!

Go Pokes!1298731775.42449 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009OKC

What I couldn't belive, is that I deleted the card.. you would think it would be deleted from all AD items and EZ pay items. But no, there is was. Kind of stupid...

Page 1 of 1