Esteemed Contributor

Is anyone going to watch the Pro Bowl Sunday? I plan to, mostly because I need my football fix and I like to see the different players from the various teams. Seven Colts' players are there, but I'm slightly favoring the team Luck and Hilton are on. Washington RB Morris, as well as JJ Watt are on that team. I have to go with anything that includes Watt.

I'm getting used to the different format. The game was interesting last year, so hopefully it will be entertaining.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

hi teganslaw.....i will probably be watching. it will hopefully also take our minds off all of the drama and disappointment of the past week!

i am missing my ravens and am already looking forward to pre-season games. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Hi TEGAN and SUNSHINE---yep gotta take advantage of the last 2 football TV airings since it will be a looooong time before pre-season starts.....{#emotions_dlg.crying}

GO TEAM CARTER!!!!!

Hey Sunshine----- John Harbraugh is coaching team Carter, so who's your team?.....With the new format the only 2 Redskins (they were reserve players) will be on opposing teams....Trent Williams was chosen by team Irvin and as Tegan said, Morris is on team Carter.....the new format is fun.....

One can only dream of what it would be like with JJ Watt on any of our respective teams....SIGH! So this is the next best thing....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'll watch a little, but I tend to lose interest pretty quickly. I'd like to see them combine the Senior Bowl and Pro Bowls together in some manner. Either mixed teams (some Pro Bowlers and some college seniors) or the pros against the kids. I think that type of format could be kind of interesting. (God help the poor college kid trying to block JJ Watt. Maybe they could make Watt tie an arm behind his back?)

I find it intriguing that Marcus Mariota now has an injured shoulder and isn't sure if he'll be able to throw at the combine. I'm wondering if he's plotting to slip down in the draft to meet up with Chip Kelly? We've seen players try to manipulate the draft before. (Not always successfully.) Mind you, most kids are trying to sneak up higher, but if Mariota knows his best chance of success is with Chip Kelly then he could be trying to figure out a way to hang around until pick twenty. He's reportedly a very smart kid who's seen what's happened with EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, RGIII, and Johnny Manziel. Could he be trying to avoid their fate and end up in a system where he'd be best utilized? A bad shoulder now, maybe tweak a hamstring/knee at the combine, have a so-so pro day at Oregon, be a bit off at the personal interviews and workouts, and he could slip to twenty without a lot of trouble. Would he do that? Would an agent assist him in doing that? I suspect both would if they thought it was in the player's best long term interests.

Mariota's very much a system quarterback and there are only a few teams currently running a system he'd fit into. Can he adapt and play a conventional pro style offense? Probably in time with enough coaching and patience, but we've seen patience run out on kids very quickly in the pros lately. EJ, Geno, RGIII, and Johnny are all on thin ice now and if Marcus ends up on the wrong team in the wrong system, he could find himself there next year this time. He might just to trying to make sure that doesn't happen to him. We'll have to see what happens between now and the draft, but he could be trying to game the draft to end up in a favorable situation.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor
On 1/25/2015 gardenman said:

I'll watch a little, but I tend to lose interest pretty quickly. I'd like to see them combine the Senior Bowl and Pro Bowls together in some manner. Either mixed teams (some Pro Bowlers and some college seniors) or the pros against the kids. I think that type of format could be kind of interesting. (God help the poor college kid trying to block JJ Watt. Maybe they could make Watt tie an arm behind his back?)

I find it intriguing that Marcus Mariota now has an injured shoulder and isn't sure if he'll be able to throw at the combine. I'm wondering if he's plotting to slip down in the draft to meet up with Chip Kelly? We've seen players try to manipulate the draft before. (Not always successfully.) Mind you, most kids are trying to sneak up higher, but if Mariota knows his best chance of success is with Chip Kelly then he could be trying to figure out a way to hang around until pick twenty. He's reportedly a very smart kid who's seen what's happened with EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, RGIII, and Johnny Manziel. Could he be trying to avoid their fate and end up in a system where he'd be best utilized? A bad shoulder now, maybe tweak a hamstring/knee at the combine, have a so-so pro day at Oregon, be a bit off at the personal interviews and workouts, and he could slip to twenty without a lot of trouble. Would he do that? Would an agent assist him in doing that? I suspect both would if they thought it was in the player's best long term interests.

Mariota's very much a system quarterback and there are only a few teams currently running a system he'd fit into. Can he adapt and play a conventional pro style offense? Probably in time with enough coaching and patience, but we've seen patience run out on kids very quickly in the pros lately. EJ, Geno, RGIII, and Johnny are all on thin ice now and if Marcus ends up on the wrong team in the wrong system, he could find himself there next year this time. He might just to trying to make sure that doesn't happen to him. We'll have to see what happens between now and the draft, but he could be trying to game the draft to end up in a favorable situation.

Hey GARDENMAN.....

What you said about Mariota and the draft speculation is very interesting and wouldn't surprise me one bit.....Mariota needs to find a team whose system he will fit comfortably with.....and one that plays to his strengths as QB......And I bet there will be a lot of smoke and mirrors with teams and Winston's character too....should be an interesting draft....

Sadly I think Washington may be stuck with RGIII, it really depends on the input from both Gruden and our new GM....I just don't think he can make it as a pocket passer and I don't think he has the work ethic either.....One thing I found interesting is that Scot McCloughan was a fan of Kirk Cousins in the draft...so who knows we may keep him and coach him up.....it doesn't sound like we are going to keep McCoy but who knows....But all the option read QBs struggled even when surrounded by a good cast like the 49ers Colin K......who is going to be working out with Kurt Warner in the offseason....while Robert will work out with teammates....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. And with salary cap issues we don't know if we can even keep all 3 WRs.....DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, and Andre Roberts.....keeping DeSean for sure....

I will say I was impressed with the way DeSean behaved and carried himself...there was one angry tweet, but other than that, no off field issues and he even did a stint on the NFL Network....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor
The Pro Bowl is a major bore and many top players avoid participating. Why take a chance on being injured for nothing?
Honored Contributor
On 1/25/2015 SPURT said:

Hi TEGAN and SUNSHINE---yep gotta take advantage of the last 2 football TV airings since it will be a looooong time before pre-season starts.....{#emotions_dlg.crying}

GO TEAM CARTER!!!!!

Hey Sunshine----- John Harbraugh is coaching team Carter, so who's your team?.....With the new format the only 2 Redskins (they were reserve players) will be on opposing teams....Trent Williams was chosen by team Irvin and as Tegan said, Morris is on team Carter.....the new format is fun.....

One can only dream of what it would be like with JJ Watt on any of our respective teams....SIGH! So this is the next best thing....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

i am also going with team carter.......i am hoping it is going to be a fun game to watch. we have plans to go to our favorite sports bar/restaurant to get some seafood and watch the game.

you are right......it is going to be a longggggggg break until pre-season!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I tried to watch just to see my boys, but didn't make it past the 1st quarter.

Tony Romo has a pizza commercial. Does that make him an "ELITE" QB now? LOL

Honored Contributor

My sports radio guys are talking about it right now....so off the radar, even when's it's part of their job. Wonder what the ratings were? I'm sure low....very low. #MakeItGoAway

Honored Contributor

Zero interest here.