Respected Contributor

Clearly the patriots were the superior team for the AFC championship game. Why cheat again? Underinflated balls to give you an advantage in bad weather. Between the spying a few years ago and now this, how often do they cheat? I'm not a fan of either the colts or patriots, but I am a huge NFL fan. If you can't win fair, don't play. This will now be the #1 story at the Super Bowl instead of a great offensive team vs. a great defensive team. What a stupid thing to do.

Super Contributor

Re: Why? New England Patriots

I could not agree more! I heard discussion on the radio this morning about what their punishment should be. No one else said it but I think they should lose the game by default and the Colts should play in the Super Bowl. They will never do it but that seems to be the only fitting punishment that would get their attention!

Frequent Contributor

Once the investigation is completed, and if it turns out to be 100% proven, then Belichick should be banned for life from the NFL. Makes you wonder how many other games the Pats have won over the years due to less than ethical means.

Honored Contributor

Wiskota, I totally agree with you. You can not cheat and expect to play in the Super Bowl.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/21/2015 RetRN said:

Wiskota, I totally agree with you. You can not cheat and expect to play in the Super Bowl.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Wiskota said:

I could not agree more! I heard discussion on the radio this morning about what their punishment should be. No one else said it but I think they should lose the game by default and the Colts should play in the Super Bowl. They will never do it but that seems to be the only fitting punishment that would get their attention!

ITA!

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Esteemed Contributor

I want to wait until a full investigation.......This should be verrry interesting to see this play out.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I've been reading this in my morning paper - didn't realize they'd reached a conclusion. When did that happen?

Honored Contributor

Quarterback Brad Johnson revealed that he paid to have the footballs at Super Bowl XXXVII altered to be more comfortable in his hand, according to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times. Johnson led the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to a 48-21 win over the Oakland Raiders.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/1/21/7865605/brad-johnson-tampa-bay-buccaneers-super-bowl-deflategate

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

According to my hubby, Coach B has a long history of cheating---and never getting caught or maybe just a slap on the wrist.