Esteemed Contributor

NFL and Twelve Days of Christmas

Christmas is close, so to get in the spirit of things, here is the NFL version of "Twelve Days of Christmas."

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas the NFL gave to me:

Twelve Raiders losses

Eleven Goodall critics

Ten Bears fans booing

Nine stars suspended

Eight scoreless quarters

Seven rushing touchdowns

Six Rams a'trolling

Five J J Watts........

Four Lambeau leaps

Three field goals

Two terrible towels

and a Forty niners meltdown

(Apologies to the NFL)

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Re: NFL and Twelve Days of Christmas

Well done TEGAN.....

Instead of 3 field goals it should be ----3 disappointing Washington quarterbacks....

And I'll take those 5 JJ Watts....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Five JJ Watts on one team would be positively terrifying.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

SPURT, "Three Disappointing Washington Quarterbacks" didn't seem to fit...too many syllables. Besides, Redskins fans don't really need to be reminded of that.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I had to give some credit to J J Watt. Having five of him on one team would be an opposing coach's worst nightmare.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Can you imagine being a quarterback coming up to the line of scrimmage and finding five JJ Watt's lining up opposite your offensive linemen? Yikes!

I'm betting half the teams will have new QB's next year. There are a lot of youngish guys who have fallen out of favor with their existing teams who will have some appeal to other teams. Mike Vick says playing for the Redskins would be a dream come true for him. If they keep RGIII then Vick could be a sort of mentor to him. Kirk Cousins is almost certainly gone from the Redskins and he'll have value around the league. There's something like twelve to fifteen younger quarterbacks who are likely to be on different teams next year. Quarterback coaches will be very busy this off-season bringing new guys up to speed on their system. Quite a few quarterbacks have flopped on one team only to excel on another, so we'll have to see who takes off and who implodes.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Heck, I'll take one JJ Watts - on offense alone, lol!
Valued Contributor

Nice job teganslaw!