Honored Contributor

Week Eleven of the NFL Regular Season!!!

Week eleven? Yikes! That's scary! The season is moving fast. Last week was a week without many interesting games. This week we've got lots of very interesting games.

We start out this week with the Bills at the Dolphins. This is pretty much a must win game for both teams with the Patriots already two games up on both of them. A win keeps them alive for a wildcard spot. A lost and they're likely to miss the playoffs. There are a lot of good teams in the AFC this year with pretty good records. Making the wildcard slot in the AFC will be a challenge and you're likely to need a 10-6 record (maybe more) to get a wildcard spot. Whichever team loses here will be 5-5 with six games to play. Winning five out of six is never easy. Miami's currently a six point favorite which I think is a bit generous. There are lots of rumors out of Miami about offensive players being unhappy with Bill Lazor (their offensive coordinator and Chip Kelly's QB coach last year.) His attempts to mimic what Chip Kelly does started out good, but the players don't seem to be fully buying in. I'm taking a big leap here and taking the Bills in an upset.

Atlanta goes to Carolina. Ugh! Pick a team, any team. The Panthers looked horrible last week. I'll take Atlanta, but I'm not sure where Atlanta's heart is any more. When you look at where they were two years ago and where they are now, it's hard to believe it's the same team. Expect to see a coaching change in Atlanta this off-season.

Minnesota goes to Chicago. I'll take Chicago simply because they're playing on whatever that thing they call a field is in Chicago. (Rumor has it, the field is more painted dirt than grass at this time of the season.) I'll take Chicago, but nothing would surprise me.

Houston goes to Cleveland. I like Hoyer and the Browns in this one. That AFC North is looking pretty competitive. The last month when those teams play each other week after week will be very telling.

Seattle goes to KC. It's not much of a trip but Seattle doesn't play as well on the road as they do at home. KC has their own home field advantage, not quite as robust as Seattle's, but it's close. I'm going with KC in this one. Expect it to be a good game though.

The Bengals go the New Orleans. New Orleans at home is hard to bet against. Someone in the NFC South has to start winning games and my money's on the Saints. I'll take the Saints in this game.

The Niners go to the Giants. The Giants have lots of problems. I've got to give this one to the Niners. West Coast teams traveling East have issues, but the Giants are a bit of a mess.

Denver goes to Saint Louis. I've got to take the Broncos. It's hard to pick against Peyton Manning and in a dome it's nearly impossible to find a reason to pick against him. Peyton tends to have issues in bad weather, but there won't be bad weather in the Rams' dome. There are lots of reports of the owner of the Rams buying up real estate in LA, so the Rams may be heading back West in the very near future.

Tampa Bay goes to Washington. This should be a win for the Redskins. If they lose this one then they might as well pack it up for the year. The Redskins aren't that good, but the Bucs are pretty horrible right now.

Oakland goes to San Diego. San Diego should win. The Raiders are surprisingly competitive for a while, but then melt away. If they ever play a complete game they could eke out a win or two, but things don't look good in Oakland.

Detroit goes to Arizona in one of those games that's likely to have playoff significance down the road. Arizona's favored by two but I'm going with the upset here and picking Detroit. Megatron's back and he's pretty much impossible to defend.

Philadelphia goes to Green Bay. This is a measuring stick game for both teams. I suspect the Packers will win at home, but I'm picking the Eagles. The defense and special teams units of the Eagles are dominating games right now. Darren Sproles is back healthy again and he's a game breaker unlike anyone else in the league. Chip's been using him a bit sparingly since his injury, but I suspect Chip will take the reins off and let Sproles run wild. This should be a fun game to watch.

The Patriots go to the Colts on the Sunday night game. The Colts are a three point favorite, but I almost never bet against Tom Brady on a nationally televised, prime time game. I'll take the Patriots on the road in this one.

And the Monday night game is the Steelers at the Titans. This is a good game for the Steelers to get back on track. It's a bit of a clunker for viewers, but good for the Steelers. I'll take the Steelers big in this one.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eleven of the NFL Regular Season!!!

The season is going by too fast---

Bills/Dolphins--The Bills lost a close one to the Chiefs, the Dolphins lost a close one to the Lions.....both are 5-4....are the Dolphin players unhappy with Lazor's offense and is there disharmony in the locker room.......going with the BILLS

Falcons/Panthers---Panthers looked absolutely awful against the Eagles on MNF....Falcons got a win versus lowly Bucs.....still a win and I'll go with Matty Ice and FALCONS

Vikings/Bears---Bears look pathetic....but can you trust the Vikes coming off a close one against Washington.....I wonder if the Bears have a divided locker room over Cutler, and then there is no Bears defense----taking a chance and going with the VIKINGS

Texans/Browns-the Browns are riding high and Hoyer is playing well....why the Browns are doing better than LeBron and the Cavs in the NBA......the Texans have benched QB Santa aka Fitzpatrick and are going with Mallett....JJ Watt needs some help...going with those red hot BROWNS

Seahawks/Chiefs-Seahawks got a huge win against the Giants thanks to turnovers and good running by Hawks Lynch.....Chiefs need win to stay close to Broncos and Andy has done a superb coaching job this year ....I'm going with the CHIEFS!

Bengals/Saints-Bengals have looked bad and fingers are pointing at QB Andy Dalton....meanwhile Saints lose a heart breaker due to a penalty and in OT to Niners....the fault with the Saints is their mistakes and a lousy defense....the Saints are at home going with the SAINTS in a rebound....and I don't mean Pelicans....

Niners/Gaints-Giants continue to look awful and the Niners showed some signs of life going with the NINERS

Broncos/Rams-BRONCOS and Peyton in a big way....

Bucs/Washington-Redskins have good talent at WR, TE, and RB....and a suspect QB, OL, and defense....Bucs has won one game this year....going with WASHINGTON...please please pretty please!!!!

Raiders/Chargers--Raiders are trying but not winning, going with the CHARGERS much more talent on their roster...

Lions/Cards-with the season ending injury to Palmer on the Cards, and the return of Megatron to Lions this is an interesting game as 2 division leaders meet...still one cannot trust the Lions and Cards still have a decent backup QB and a good and opportunistic defense....CARDS

Eagles/Packers-should be a good game....can Sanchez continue to appropriately run Chip Kelly's offense and can the Eagles D get it done against Mr. RELAX, Aaron Rodgers.....the game is in Lambeau so I'm going with the PACKERS

Pats/Colts-another good game----Luck and Wayne versus Brady and Gronk......Colts are 1st in points, 1st in yards, 1st in passing yards, 14th in rushing yards....going with the COLTS

Steelers/Titans----Can the Steelers get back on track after a bad loss....Titans are doing badly particularly on offense....a BIG Steeler win!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I got the Thursday night game wrong. It was a difficult one to predict. I noticed, though, that one of the Colts' former players, DE Jerry Hughes, has been playing well in Buffalo. Even though Buffalo is 5-5, Hughes has done more in Buffalo than he ever did as a Colt. Good for him; I'm glad that he is doing well. It's amazing that players sometimes become more productive as soon as they change teams. I wonder why that is, maybe a new environment and coaching style?

I am optimistic that the Colts can pull out a win Sunday night. I expect it to be high scoring game. It would be poetic justice if the game was decided on a last minute field goal by Vinatieri.

Unless they change programming, the Eagles-Packers will be televised in our area. That should be a good game. It could go either way, but I'm taking Green Bay in my football picks. The deciding factor is Lambeau Field and a matter of quarterbacks: I'll take Aaron Rodgers over Mark Sanchez. Besides, the Packers are my second favorite team.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

the ravens finally have a bye this week. can we PLEASE get some help from the TEXANS, the SAINTS, and the TITANS please! thank you. WinkSmile

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Go Bucs go! This is coming from a former Redskins fan. Longtime resident of the DC area - we are disgusted with the state of affairs. Bob3G's whining and attempts at leadership fall flat in this camp.

My local radio show is currently polling listeners for what a win vs. a loss means on Sunday, and it is not a heated discussion. We really do not care. Unless we are wagering, and then, I'd wager that this team will continue to defy expectations and throw a screwball (baseball term).

Maybe Cofield's return will help towards a win, but i wouldn't bet on it. Play the spread, and it will defy the odds, because this whole team is odd.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

I'm going with the Seahawks over KC this Sunday. A lot of the injured players are returning for Seattle this will help in the areas we've been slack. We haven't always played well away from home but a win this week is just what we need and I guess as always we have to prove ourselves to everyone else. Go Hawks!!!

Honored Contributor

And it's game day!!! My early games today are the Niners at the Giants. It could be a good game. And the other option is the Saints/Bengals. Then we have the Eagles/Packers after that followed by the Colts/Patriots tonight. All in all a pretty good day of football watching.

Things to watch for in the Eagles game.

1. Pressure on Aaron Rodgers. The Eagles d-line and linebackers have been very disruptive in recent weeks. If they can get early pressure on Rodgers the Eagles could be in pretty good shape.

2. Special teams. The Eagles have excelled in special teams play this year. A big play on special teams could give the Eagles the edge.

3. Mark Sanchez's ability to line the team up effectively. Last week there were multiple issues with him moving guys into the wrong slot/position. Hopefully he's fixed those issues this week in practice.

4. Turnovers. Whichever team commits the most turnovers is likely to lose this game.

Both teams are pretty evenly matched so this should be a good contest to watch. Green Bay has home field advantage while the Eagles have a slightly better record. A win puts the Eagles a game and a half ahead of the Cowboys while a lost drops them into a tie with the Cowboys with that Thanksgiving day match-up looming large.

Have a fun day watching the games and good luck to everyone's teams!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

They had originally scheduled the Giants/49ers....but they changed it to the Seahawks/Chiefs.....followed by the Eagles/Pack and the Texans/Browns on other channel....my DS isnt going to be happy....but with the Giants playing the way they have been maybe its a blessing.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

The early games here are Seahawks/Chiefs (the one I'll be watching) and Vikings/Bears. I might switch over to check on the Bears, depending on the score. Then the Eagles/Packers.

The Patriots/Colts result could count towards seeding in the playoffs. Brady has stated that the Patriots are going to have to score a lot of points to keep up with the Colts. I don't go to work until 11:30 a.m. tomorrow, so I can stay up for the game.

The Texan/Browns game might be a good one. Cleveland is playing well.I never expected them to be in first place. That can change after one week; the AFC North is a division to watch.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Not a good week for my picks. Yikes! The Rams are beating the Broncos??? The Redskins are losing to Tampa Bay? Eli's back to throwing interceptions in NY? (Up to five at this moment.) That NFC South is really looking like a mess. Tampa suddenly finds themselves right back in the playoff hunt with only two wins and just six games left to play. If they win four of those six they might just win the South with a 6-10 record. It's a weird year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!