Honored Contributor

Week Ten of the NFL Regular Season!!!

And we start out the downhill side of the season as every team is now past the halfway mark.

The first game this week is Cleveland at Cincinnati. Cincy's a six point favorite and since they're playing at home I'll give them this one, but Cleveland's a good team now and could pull the upset. I'm taking the Bengals though.

Tennessee goes to Baltimore. I'll give this one to the Ravens. The Titans have lots of issues.

KC goes to Buffalo. This is largely a toss-up to me. I'll give a slight edge to Andy Reid and the Chiefs. Andy's done a heck of a job. I was figuring they'd be lucky to get five wins this whole year and they've got five already.

Miami goes to Detroit. Detroit's favored and probably should win, but I'm picking Miami for some insane reason. It's just a gut feeling on my part. Now watch Detroit blow them out 49-3.

Dallas plays Jacksonville in London (technically Jacksonville's the home team.) The Cowboys PR guys kind of messed up by using the hashtag #DallasUK which looks an awful lot like Dallas su*cks, but I guess they didn't see it for some reason. If the Cowboys were playing anyone but Jacksonville I'd pick the other team, but Jacksonville is just such a mess that I have to pick the Cowboys. Will Tony Romo survive the game? That's the only real question this week. (Assuming he plays. He's been sitting out practice through Wednesday.)

The Niners play the Saints in a game of teams going in different directions. The Saints seem to have finally shaken off the rust/funk they were in and the Niners seem to be sinking. I'll give the edge to the Saints though the Niners can afford to lose the least. I just don't see the Niners pulling out of this tailspin they're in.

The Steelers take on the Jets. Forget the Jets. I'll take the Steelers.

Atlanta goes to Tampa Bay. Combined these two teams have three wins, so this won't be a great game. I'll take the Falcons, but neither team is all that impressive.

Denver goes to Oakland. Alas poor Oakland. Denver got spanked by the Patriots last week and Peyton Manning will be breathing fire this week. God help the Raiders. This could be a very, very ugly, one-sided game. I'll take the Broncos winning this one big.

Saint Louis goes to Arizona. The Cards are due to lose a game they shouldn't. It could be this week, but I'm still picking the Cards to win.

The Giants go to Seattle. This is one of those games that had a lot of potential playoff importance in the preseason. Not so much now. The Seahawks should rebound nicely and crush the Giants. (The Giants are in the middle of a miserable stretch of their schedule where they're likely to get slaughtered for a few weeks.)

Chicago goes to Green Bay. There's talk in Chicago of a possible coaching change at the end of the season. A win here would do wonders for the Bears, but beating Green Bay in Green Bay in a prime time game is not going to be easy. I'll take the Packers.

And finally the Monday night game is the Panthers at the Eagles. Carolina's slumping a bit having lost three straight. The Eagles are 6-2 despite using 2 left tackles, 3 left guards, 2 centers, 2 right guards and four right tackles so far this year on the offensive line. I believe this is the thirteenth offensive line combination the Eagles will use this year. One of the few guys who's been healthy, Todd Herremans is now gone for the year with a torn biceps. We also lost Nick Foles and DeMeco Ryans for the foreseeable future. Despite an unimaginable string of injuries, the Eagles have somehow rolled to a 6-2 record. I've got to assume they'll find a way to win this week too. I'll pick the Eagles again. Expect to see Jordan Matthews catch a lot of passes from Mark Sanchez. Those two really connected in the preseason and had a nice feel for each other. I wouldn't be shocked to see Jordan Matthews be the Eagles leading receiver as long as Sanchez stays QB. Sanchez gives the Eagles some more options in the running game also. He's quite a bit more mobile than Nick Foles and makes teams defense the zone read plays of Chip Kelly a bit differently. They can't assume Mark Sanchez will always hand off like Foles did. If the Panthers bite hard on the hand-off to McCoy we could see Sanchez run for big yards. It should open up the running game a bit more for the Eagles. Unless Cam Newton plays like an all pro, this should be a big win for the Eagles.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Week Ten of the NFL Regular Season!!!

IF Dallas loses to the Jags, I won't be showing my smiling face Smile around here.

Esteemed Contributor

The Detroit Miami game is a toss up. Both teams are doing well. if I'm not sure who would win, I usually go with the home team.

I picked Arizona, but I wouldn't be surprised to see St. Louis win. It's a division rivalry, and Arizona's winning streak might come to an end. The Rams would be the team to pull that off.

Likewise, Cleveland and Cincinnati. The Browns have been surprising. A lot of Thursday games are one -sided (what's this about Thursday, anyway?)

At least Oakland plays at home, if it's any consolation.

Also, how do they determine who the home team is when they play in London? I've always wondered about that.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Here’s the three-game schedule for next year in England:

- Oct. 4: New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins

- Oct. 25: Buffalo Bills vs. Jacksonville Jaguars

- Nov. 1: Detroit Lions vs. Kansas City Chiefs

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Not-Playing-In-London-In-2015/72e8c16e-3dd8-498...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 yellowrose said:

IF Dallas loses to the Jags, I won't be showing my smiling face Smile around here.

If Dallas loses to the Jags, Jerry may just leave the team in London and come home without them. Jacksonville's playing a bit better than they were, but they're not a good team.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

At least the Redskins can't lose.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 yellowrose said:

Come on yellowrose at least your team is not in last place in the division and I'm still here {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Okay for my picks....since the Thursday game already started I will pass on the game in progress (sorry but my Spurs are on the other channel so I'm multi tasking and flipping channels).....my cat Figgy picked the Bengals though being the feline that she is...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Titans/Baltimore.......Okay Sunshine picking the Titans....Wink

Chiefs/Bills--The Chiefs are really playing well and the Bills are also at 5-3. This game is a toss up. They are playing in Buffalo, for some reason I'm going with the BILLS, but wouldnt be surprised if the Chiefs won.

Dolphins/Lions---You just can't trust those Lions---but they are sitting on top of their division and they need a win with the Packers close behind them. Weather won't be a factor.....I'm dismissing my better instincts and going with the LIONS.

Cowboys/Jags---The Jags are fighting for that top draft pick in 2015. The Cowboys may have to rely on Brandon Weeden at QB , but they still have Murray. Going with THE COWBOYS....

49ers/Saints---49ers haven't looked very good and lost on a turnover last week. Perhaps those rumors about the players tuning out Coach Jim Harbaugh are true. Saints are playing in their Dome and like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz said....there's no place like home for the SAINTS!

Steelers/Jets---no contest---STEELERS!

Falcons/Buccaneers- Falcons have been a disappointment and the Bucs are a mess....going with the FALCONS at least they have a good QB....but lots of injuries too....

Broncos/Raiders-Raiders have been playing very hard but still losing, and the way the Broncos lost to the Pats was an embarrassment, I think Peyton will get the Broncos back on track--BRONCOS

Rams/Cards--oh those tricky tricky Rams.....the Cards continued on their winning ways last week....I'm going with THE CARDS

Giants/Seattle--not good, not good, the Giants played terribly and now they go to the great northwest--home of the 12th man to take on the Super Bowl Champs who have to keep close to the Cards....picking THE SEAHAWKS! Welcome you can join my team at the bottom of the NFC East

Bears/Packers---I never cared for Jay Cutler ..... still don't, and they don't have much of a defense either AND they are playing in Lambeau. The Pack has Aaron Rodgers....picking the Pack and RELAXing.....

Panthers/Eagles---Eagles have to go with their backup QB-Sanchez, and a host of other injuries too. But the Panthers have been struggling so I'm going with THE EAGLES.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 11/6/2014 sunshine45 said:

Here’s the three-game schedule for next year in England:

- Oct. 4: New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins

- Oct. 25: Buffalo Bills vs. Jacksonville Jaguars

- Nov. 1: Detroit Lions vs. Kansas City Chiefs

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Not-Playing-In-London-In-2015/72e8c16e-3dd8-498...

thanks for posting the London schedule. Whew--Washington still doesnt have to take the long journey....

No wonder the Jaguars are the home team in the London games...they go there so often....is their owner looking to make a move to London if the NFL decides to have a regular team there?

Honored Contributor

On 11/6/2014 teganslaw said:

The Detroit Miami game is a toss up. Both teams are doing well. if I'm not sure who would win, I usually go with the home team.

I picked Arizona, but I wouldn't be surprised to see St. Louis win. It's a division rivalry, and Arizona's winning streak might come to an end. The Rams would be the team to pull that off.

Likewise, Cleveland and Cincinnati. The Browns have been surprising. A lot of Thursday games are one -sided (what's this about Thursday, anyway?)

At least Oakland plays at home, if it's any consolation.

Also, how do they determine who the home team is when they play in London? I've always wondered about that.

Hi TEGAN---That is a very good question---how DO they pick the home team for London??

Since the Browns/Bengals are in Ohio do they have a special state trophy like they do in Texas for the Cowboys/Texan games....they get The Governor's Cup.