Respected Contributor

Anyone Watch NASCAR Sprint Cup Today?

Really exciting racing and entertaining after-race brawl! Next week, someone's going to get payback--wonder who???!!!???

Contributor

Re: Anyone Watch NASCAR Sprint Cup Today?

Yep, very exciting. Brad should watch his back next week.
Frequent Contributor

Brad should watch his back TONIGHT LOL

Super Contributor

Agreed! Should be interesting!
Regular Contributor

Yes, did you see Kevin Harvick push Brad right before the fight erupted!?!?!

Honored Contributor

haha! Just watched it (had it recorded)- what a brawl! Kevin totally instigated the actual beginning of the fight. And Jeff Gordon, haven't seen him act that way for years! I thought it was exciting. People are sick of Brad's shady racing even though I am not sure he really did anything wrong THIS time (I need to go back and look at it again to see for sure). I think Jeff was pretty clear that we can expect some payback in the coming races.

Regular Contributor

On 11/2/2014 HappyDaze said:

haha! Just watched it (had it recorded)- what a brawl! Kevin totally instigated the actual beginning of the fight. And Jeff Gordon, haven't seen him act that way for years! I thought it was exciting. People are sick of Brad's shady racing even though I am not sure he really did anything wrong THIS time (I need to go back and look at it again to see for sure). I think Jeff was pretty clear that we can expect some payback in the coming races.

Exactly. I don't think Brad did anything wrong today, but he has and he will again...lol.

Honored Contributor

So you think purposely wrecking the leader right at the restart was not doing anything wrong? Wow.

As Rick Hendricks said - it was wrong of Jeff - but the fans love this stuff. You know Jeff has no faults in Rick Hendrick's eyes.

Keslowski is very unpopular among his peers.

Frequent Contributor

I am a huge Kevin and DELANA fan but.........that was a pword move on his part! He's the one who needs the only penalty.

Honored Contributor

Hi Fortune,

I DVR'd it and just got done watching it. I watched this particular "contact" in slow and frame by frame and what I saw is this. Jeff Gordon moved up towards the wall, leaving an opening between his left side and the right side of the car of Jimmy Johnson. Brad Keselowski decided to put his car into that opening. I watched as the car of Jeff Gordon slowly came down into the passenger side of the car of Keselowski, and that was what caused the problem with the Gordon car.

Played it many times frame by frame and the car of Keselowski stayed right in the lane Gordon had evacuated to move up the track to get a bigger run for the straightaway after they came off the corner. In my opinion, Gordon misjudged or did not see Keselowski and bumped into the side of the #2 car. It didn't do much good for either car, but Gordon got the worst end of the contact.

Gordon is the one that stopped by the Keselowski put box and then I saw Harvick push Keselowski in the back into a bunch of guys. Racing hard is what this sport is all about. All any Nascar fan that has watched Cup races for a few decades need do is look back at how Dale Earnhardt became known as the "Intimidator" during his illustrious and great Nascar Cup Racing.

As one that raced around the Midwest for the best part of 2 decades? There are many times where racers do not agree with certain things that happen. While I got in verbal discussion with many driver competitors, it never came to throwing punches or a many men brawl. Things happen in racing and I say leave it up to those that run Nascar to mete out whatever punishment they see fit to the one they believe was the offender in all of these situations.

Drivers do not have the luxury of reply and "frame by frame analysis" until after they get to a monitor to view it. Jeff Gordon did not go look at a reply, he chose to stop next to the #2 car's put stall, and it wasn't to say "hello and/or great racing".

hckynut(john)