Honored Contributor

Week Three of the NFL Regular Season!!!

We've got some good match-ups this week including a Super Bowl rematch that somehow isn't a prime time game. I'm not sure how that happened, but it makes for a better Sunday afternoon/evening game. Okay, let's get started.

The first game on Thursday night is Tampa Bay at Atlanta. I'm thinking Atlanta will win this one pretty easily. Tampa's better, but I don't think they're good enough.

San Diego goes to Buffalo. I'm not sure why, but Vegas has the Bills favored in this one. I'm sure they know something I don't, but I'm still going with my gut and picking San Diego.

Tennessee goes to Cincinnati. This should be a win for Cincy. Tennessee is one of those teams that seems stuck in neutral for a while. They aren't horrible, but they're not good. They're mired in mediocrity.

Baltimore goes to Cleveland. This is one of those games where I know I'm going to be wrong no matter who I pick. Brian Hoyer is making a believer out of me, so I'll take my chances in picking the Browns. The Ravens are still dealing with the Ray Rice fallout and the Orioles winning the AL East, so I'm guessing those two distractions may be enough to cost them a bit of their edge.

Green Bay goes to Detroit. This could be/should be a good game. I think Green Bay's running game is a bit better than Detroit's, but if Reggie Bush gets hot, Detroit could pull this one out. I'll give the slightest edge to Green Bay in this one.

Indianapolis goes to Jacksonville. This should be a rout in favor of Indy. The Jags are a dysfunctional mess right now. They're swapping out some of their offensive linemen this week in an effort to improve things, but if you've come through training camp thinking one set of guys is best, then they're probably the best. Putting in lesser guys now only makes a weakness even weaker. This game could get very, very ugly. I wouldn't rule out a 40 plus point victory for the Colts. The Jags are very likely to end up with that first overall pick this year.

Oakland goes to New England. I've got to take the Patriots here.

Minnesota goes to New Orleans. I've got to think Drew Brees will kill anyone if they fall behind in this game. Expect a comfortable win by New Orleans. They've got to get that defense pulled together. I'm not sure what happened down there, but I'm thinking Malcolm Jenkins (now with the Eagles) may have been a lot more important to the Saints defense than management thought. They thought they could splurge in free agency and upgrade the safety spot but Jairus Byrd hasn't been an upgrade to this point. Still, they're better than Minnesota.

Houston goes to the Giants. Ugh! You have one bad team (Texans) that's on the rise and a formerly good team (the Giants) that's declining. Who's ahead now? I'm giving a slight edge to the Texans in this one. I think JJ Watt will be spending a lot of time getting up close and personal to Eli Manning. That Giant offensive line is not good and JJ Watt is pretty darn good.

Washington comes to Philly. The Redskins are coming off a big win over Jacksonville and have DeSean Jackson breathing fire coming back to Philly, but I don't think it's enough. I'm picking the Eagles in this one. That combination of LeSean McCoy and Darren Sproles is nearly impossible to defend. Nick Foles seems to be getting better week by week. If he gets back to playing at last year's level there's no stopping this offense.

Dallas goes to Saint Louis. I've got to give this one to Dallas. Barring Romo having a horrible game, the Cowboys should win this one pretty easily.

San Francisco goes to Arizona. The Cards will be looking at this as a measuring stick game. They'll want to see how they match up. (They're pretty darn good.) This is pretty much a toss-up game. I'll pick the Cards, but it's a toss-up to me.

Kansas City goes to Miami. The Chiefs are in big trouble this year. Their offensive line is a mess and they've had a few injuries on defense. I'll take the Dolphins here.

Denver goes to Seattle in a Super Bowl rematch. I love Denver and it's hard to pick against them, but Seattle at home is just too tough to pick against. I'm going with Seattle here.

Pittsburgh at Carolina is the Sunday night game. That Steeler defense has looked pretty porous so far this year. Cam Newton can put a lot of pressure on a good defense and right now the Steeler defense isn't good. I expect a low scoring game, but the Panthers should get the win.

And the Monday night game is Chicago at the NY Jets. I'm still not all that sure how good either team is going to be this year. I'm picking the Jets, but a Bear win wouldn't surprise me.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Week Three of the NFL Regular Season!!!

I like it better when you predict the Cowboys will lose gardenman.

So Romo sits out practice on Wed - tightness in his back. I'm surprised that's all he's feeling after all the sacks last week.

Problem.......good news for me is the Texan/Giant game is being televised in my area, bad news is they play the early game as the Cowboys do. Another workout for my remote recall button, and my thumb.

Happy Weekend everyoneSmile

GOOOO COWBOYS, GOOO TEXANS

Honored Contributor

Yellowrose. If it's any help I want the Cowboys to lose, but Saint Louis is such a mess right now that it's hard to see them winning. Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Yep, I know you want to boys to lose gardenman. This is one of the rare weeks, only happens twice a year, where I want the Eagles to win. Well, not "want" but rather prefer. Sure would like to see that game.

Honored Contributor

Here go my picks---

Falcons/Bucs--I was really disappointed in the Buc's efforts last week....the FALCONS will fly!

Chargers/Buffalo-the "experts" are thinking a west coast team going east and it's an early game.....I'll go with Sheltiemom's BILLS

Titans/Bengals--going with the BENGALS and my cat Figgy's team...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Ravens/Cleveland-I have to go with THE BROWNS so I won't entail Sunshine's wrath {#emotions_dlg.laugh}...I wonder if the Brown's "dog pound" will be throwing dog bones....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Pack/Lions-I have not been impressed with either team--going with MEGATRON and the LIONS

Colts/Jags-Andrew Luck will rebound and give the COLTS the win! Hopefully the refs will be more accurate this week....

Raiders/Pats-a bad west coast team goes east--gotta go with the PATS

Vikings/Saints- Vikings are in disarray with the loss of AD and all the hoopla, and the Saints have their backs against the wall and it's a MUST WIN game....SAINTS!

Texans/Giants---Texans are on the upswing, and their coach plans to even use JJ in the offense more.....Giants look pathetic and their new offense isn't working, their defense is a no show too-TEXANS!

Redskins/Eagles-this is a big game for my Redskins---let's see how Capt Kirk fairs...and an angry DeSean with something to prove will hopefully add yet another spark....I'm a bit worried about the Redskin's secondary, at least we have Meriweather back.....I'll be a homer fan and go with the REDSKINS!

Dallas/Rams--Tony Romo held out of practice--not looking good after that back surgery, their defense is playing better than expected....the Rams have a lot of problems-COWBOYS! (although it hurt to type that)

49ers/Cards-Some say Harbaugh has lost the locker room, they did not look all that great against the Bears. I'm going with the CARDINALS.....I think Bruce Aryians is a darn good coach too...

Chefs/Dolphins-the Chiefs have injury and other problems, I'm going with the DOLPHINS!

SUPER BOWL REMATCH-Broncos/Seahawks--this should be an excellent game....I know the Broncos want revenge, but playing in Seattle gotta go with the home team coming off a bad loss-SEAHAWKS! Sherman will have something to prove too...

Steelers/Panthers---Steelers look old and ineffective....despite Cam being banged up, the Panthers offense did well, and their defense is pretty good too...PANTHERS!

Bears/Jets---Bears looked lackluster in their win.....Jets coming off a heart breaking loss--going with the J*E*T*S-JETS, JETS, JETS! ---I just don't trust Jay Cutler...not a fan!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

gooooooooooooooooooo RAVENSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

i am hoping that the orioles winning the AL EAST and not having done that for a LONG TIME will give the RAVENS even more motivation to win.....how great would it be to have TWO winning sports teams to cheer for?

of course, baltimore has great sports fans......we support our teams through thick and thin, good and bad. you cannot always say that about other cities!

spurt, i am hoping that COUSINS has another great game....that would be nice to see!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

what is going on with this CRAZY game tonight?! TB-0, ATL 35 and the 2nd quarter still has 5 minutes to go! TB not looking good at all

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Tampa just rolled over and played dead. I'm betting Lovie Smith will be having a long talk with the team this week about heart and they'll put on a much better show next week. If they don't, then expect wholesale flushing of the roster and lots of personnel moves over the rest of the season. There are a lot of good young players on practice squads who can lose games 56-14. You don't need your older guys for that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Frequent Contributor

I am boycotting the NFL this weekend out of respect for battered women and children

Esteemed Contributor

Yellowrose, why do you prefer an Eagles win? That would make them undefeated and even further ahead in the division.

SPURT, good luck in stopping Sproles Sunday. If Washington can figure out how to contain him they'll be one step ahead.

I thought Jacksonville would be a better team this season; hopefully, I'm wrong, at least when they play the Colts.

I think it's a toss-up between the Bears and Jets. I don't trust either team. If nothing else, the Jets make things entertaining.

On the Colts message boards, someone has started a thread called "What's worse than 0-2?" Some people have come up with good answers. Have to find humor in the situation, somehow.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain