Super Contributor

Open-wheel ~ Formula 1, IndyCar, Formula E

Here we go....

I'm strictly open-wheel myself. What F1 races have you attended? I've been to the U.S. Grands Prix in Phoenix (back when they were the Iceberg GP), all of them in Indianapolis, multi Canadian Grands Prix, multi British Grands Prix, German GP at Hockenheim.

Super Contributor

Re: Open-wheel ~ Formula 1, IndyCar, Formula E

I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but the FE inaugural series opener is this weekend in Beijing. It will be shown on Fox Sports.

Super Contributor

My husband is a race car fanatic...I do not know what you are talking about, sorry.
Super Contributor

I am strictly open wheel too. I liked cart before they destroyed themselves. My Mom took me to my 1st race when I was a little girl, Monaco. You never get over Monaco. It is simply the most demanding course and amazing skills to run that circuit, wish it were wider. LOL Once the F1 bug bites you it is for life.

F1 because they turn left and right, chicanes, start from the dead stop, and race in the RAIN or Monsoon. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Regular Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Rottie_mama said:

I am strictly open wheel too. I liked cart before they destroyed themselves. My Mom took me to my 1st race when I was a little girl, Monaco. You never get over Monaco. It is simply the most demanding course and amazing skills to run that circuit, wish it were wider. LOL Once the F1 bug bites you it is for life.

F1 because they turn left and right, chicanes, start from the dead stop, and race in the RAIN or Monsoon. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Your 1st race was Monaco?!! How fantastic.
Contributor

I am a huge F1 fan, some IndyCar, been to the Inaugural in Indy and to the Hockenheim and Nuerburg Ring, Monaco is on my Bucket List!
Regular Contributor

Long time F1 fan. One of my earlier memories was going with my family to Watkins Glen USGP in the early 1970s. Hope to attend Austin GP in the next few yrs and the NY-NJ GP (if it ever materializes). My dream is Monaco!
Regular Contributor

On 9/10/2014 F1wild said:

Here we go....

I'm strictly open-wheel myself. What F1 races have you attended? I've been to the U.S. Grands Prix in Phoenix (back when they were the Iceberg GP), all of them in Indianapolis, multi Canadian Grands Prix, multi British Grands Prix, German GP at Hockenheim.

That's allota races!
Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 CelticAngel said:

Here we go....

That's allota races!

And tons of fun!!

Super Contributor

On 9/11/2014 F1wild said:
On 9/10/2014 CelticAngel said:

Here we go....

That's allota races!

And tons of fun!!

F1Wild- Try Monza. You'd adore it. (I grew up in Europe, Dad was military.) I promise the amount of red in Monza is unbelievable and you know how much red you see at the races in general.

Who ever has Monaco on the list. go for the week take in the whole spectacle. You'll love it. You never forget your 1st Monaco, mine was so long ago, Andretti and Fittipaldi were racing, Mario and Emerson. Wow, did I just date myself. Lol

Myself I want to go to the Canadian. I am not sure of any others right now.

I followed Schumacher since his bad boy days with Benetton, when he "might have" acted in a less than sportsmanship like manner. LOL