Valued Contributor

Ray Rice Cut by Baltimore Ravens

Also suspended by the NFL indefinitely upon release of entire elevator tape.

About time IMO

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2014/09/08/baltimore-ravens-cut-ray-rice/15291729/

Honored Contributor

Re: Ray Rice Cut by Baltimore Ravens

YEAH!

Esteemed Contributor

Great. If anything deserves to be suspended indefinetly it's this.
Valued Contributor

Actually I think he should be in jail. Any other person who wasn't a ""celebrity"" would be.

Contributor

Was it TMZ that released the elevator tape? If they did, good for TMZ. Ray Rice should be in jail. He could have easily killed her, there has been 2 incidents in Illinois where one man was hit by a punch and died. The other incident where a man hit the other man for some really stupid reason is now mentally disabled.

I am not putting Ray's wife down but I would like to say to her, you need to leave this man, this has not been the first time he hit you or it will be the last. Right now I am sure he is furious, I would be afraid.

Honored Contributor

On 9/8/2014 MomOf4 said:

Actually I think he should be in jail. Any other person who wasn't a ""celebrity"" would be.

Aren't they having a criminal trial?

I just heard that his lawyer had access to this elevator tape from the start - it was part of the items that were going to be used in the criminal trial.

Respected Contributor

It's about time. The next person who should be let go is the commissioner of the NFL. He saw this tape and still only suspended this low life for 2 games. There are no criminal charges pending. His wife wouldn't press charges and stood up for him when he went to see the commissioner. I hope she gets the help she needs to get far away from him. If she doesn't, it's just a matter of time before he kills her.

Honored Contributor

With public release of today's video, Roger Goodell's neck was slowly being lowered to the chopping block. He's saving his neck....I would like the League to hold Goodell responsible w/ this on some level. And yes, I'm sure Goodell knew about this video....it's not 'new' evidence.

Honored Contributor

I agree that he should be in jail. However, didn't she marry him after this horrendous incident????? Why??? Why??? Why???

Honored Contributor

There's something nagging @ me about this. Yes, he assaulted this woman. But she didn't want to prosecute. AND why did this woman marry this guy AFTER the assault?

The State doesn't like it, the League doesn't like it, the public doesn't like it, but.....the one person who should not like it....doesn't mind. Should we...not mind? Weird.