Honored Contributor

Week One of the NFL Preseason!!!!

The preseason officially kicks off today with the Giants vs. the Bills. Later in the week the rest of the league will follow suit. In tonight's game you'll want to see how the Giants are adapting to their new West Coast offense. If Eli Manning throws three or four interceptions and throws the ball to where no receiver is waiting, you'll know it's not going so well. Eli needs to have a bounce-back year and the way to do that is to start hot tonight. People forget how well the Giants played in the last half of the season last year, so if they build on that they could be pretty competitive this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Re: Week One of the NFL Preseason!!!!

Go Redskins!!! LOL

Contributor

Amen! Finally here!

Frequent Contributor

GO SAINTS! WHO DAT!!!!

Valued Contributor

I was (generously) given four tickets to Friday's game at Soldier Field, Bears vs. Eagles! I'm taking my son and two grandsons; my younger grandson is 10 and has been playing football for four years. This will be his first Bears game. We're all huge fans!

Honored Contributor

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Enjoyed the HOF speeches....nice to see Jim Kelly, enjoyed seeing him throw that pass to Andre Reed......my prayers are with Jim.

Ready for a game even if it's just a preseason game....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Where does the time go.

Esteemed Contributor

The Colts start off the preseason tonight when they face the Jets at Met Life Stadium. Reggie Wayne is not scheduled to play, even though he's healthy. The Jets plan on starting Geno Smith. This will be a test to see just how ready the players are. The game is televised on our local 55 station. I'll miss the first half because of work but will get to see the second half.

The Colts usually don't do well in preseason, so this game may be no exception. The Jets are unpredictable, anyway. I have no idea which side of the team will show up.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

It's a good thing the KC Chiefs are winning since I didn't get to watch Big Brother.

Esteemed Contributor

Final score was Jets 13, Colts 10. Preseason is mostly evaluation to see who plays which position or makes the roster. Overall I was impressed with the Colts defense. It went slightly downhill when Khalid Holmes got injured (doesn't seem to be season ending, but he won't be playing in more preseason games). His back up, Jonathon Harrison, made some bad snaps, but otherwise seemed solid. Pass rush looked good, and that was one of the Colts weaker areas before.

Andrew Luck started the game and looked as good as ever. He didn't play long, though. Trent Richardson had one good carry, though it's too early to predict how he'll do this year.

Punter Pat McAfee made some outstanding plays, having the Jets start way back in their own territory. Other than the Holmes injury (why another one?) I'm quite confident about the Colts. They do need to get going on offensive, but this is just one game.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain