Esteemed Contributor

Can't Get a San Francisco Giants Game on TV

Since we moved away from San Francisco I've had a heck of a time finding Giants games on TV, with the exception of play-offs and World Series games. (And, no, we can't afford a Giants cable package, as we both retired last year.)

This season the Giants have been playing darn good ball and have been in first place a great deal of the season. Every day, especially on weekends, I scan the channels hoping for just one Giants game a month.

Nada.

I get it, though. The Dodgers are it on the west coast. And, as far as the sports gurus are concerned if it's not east of Chicago, it's not happening.

Thanks for letting me grouse.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can't Get a San Francisco Giants Game on TV

Well the Milwaukee Brewers are doing great too and they rarely get mentioned by the national media. At least your team is on the west coast which should create more interest that a lowly Midwest team.

Honored Contributor

According to my local paper, the Giants game will be broadcast at 7:05 pst, on CSN and MLB, Have not yet checked this out,,,should be on now.

Honored Contributor

Last night's game against the Reds was carried on the MLB Network. The Fox sports channels have a channel that carries the Angels and another one that carries the Padres. I don't know if they carry any of the Northern CA teams. Being a Dodgers fan, I can't complain. We have SportsNet LA.

Super Contributor

You have options for watching the games online or listening on internet radio here. Or, if you have a wifi cell phone or tablet there are free apps for iPad and Android in the Apple store and the Google play store.

Hope you can catch a game! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}