Honored Contributor

I think this is going to be a long season! They were just one out from winning on opening day and couldn't. Yeah, they're going to win 90 games!

Honored Contributor

Way to start off the season 0-3!

Respected Contributor

Keep the faith Smiley Happy My Giants just had a come back win and I am tuning in for my other team, the Red Sox.

Deb

Honored Contributor

The Mets have such bad luck. Wasn't their closer injured the other day? I always feel sorry for a friend from Brooklyn, a long-suffering Mets fan.

Valued Contributor
The Mets are cursed since they moved to Citi Field. Someone needs to exorcise the place.
Trusted Contributor
Don't feel bad, the season just started. There's a long way to go. I am a boston Red Sox fan and they lost their first game but I'm not worried. Hey things could be worse, you could be a Yankee fan! Lol
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/3/2014 StuffyBug said: The Mets are cursed since they moved to Citi Field. Someone needs to exorcise the place.

They barely honor the Shea family at Citifield- there should be a whole 'Mets history' on display in the Jackie Robinson Rotunda! And that's another thing, I understand why it's called the Jackie Robinson Rotunda- baseball wouldn't have evolved if it wasn't for him. But he was never associated with the Mets- ever. On the field or behind the scenes!

There are many reasons Citifield has bad karma. Citibank was part of the government bailout that year - they shouldn't be putting their name on a ballpark if they can't pay their bills! And then there's the Bernie Madoff connection too- I could go on and on....

Yes, long time die hard Met fan! But sometimes I just shake my head in disbelief. The latest this week is the grief Daniel Murphy is getting for wanting to be with his wife when she just gave birth!

Super Contributor

I'm suffering too but tell my friend dmod, she's a Yankee fan. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I don't like Citi field, It's sooooooooooo expensive.

Honored Contributor
The Wilpons need to sell the team. You can't have a team payroll in the 80 million dollar range when you are in a big market like New York.
Honored Contributor

I remember the old days at Shea. I lived in Queens then and my boyfriend and I would hop the #7 train to the game. And we could afford the tickets plus a few beers and hot dogs!

LET'S GO METS!!!