Super Contributor

Going to Practice Rounds at Masters !

We are excited ! I am a little concerned since I heard it could be quite an adjustment weather wise for those coming from the North. I heard there are many wealthy people there dressed in perfect golf gear. Hubby is a golfer, but I have no golf clothing. I am thinking buying a nice golf top and visor. I will wear a nice pair of kaki shorts, and a pair of tennis shoes.

I know cell phones and cameras are not allowed, probably not for the practice rounds either.

I am back at the Y, so going to hit the treadmills,..

Contributor

Re: Going to Practice Rounds at Masters !

Wow! I am excited for you! Going to the Masters is on my bucket list, but very improbable. I love going to the tournaments in MA. I always get tickets to the practice rounds and the days of the tournament. You can bring cameras in during practice play, as I have some great shots of myself with some of the guys.

It is always funny to see how some of the guys act giddy around these players, too.

Respected Contributor

We went several years ago and it is a lot of fun and I am not a golfer! We went the day before and went to Savannah.

Be sure you get a place to stay NOW. I think we finally found a room in Statesville-Best Western. Our weather was perfect but the day before it was windy and cold. Yes they are strict about the rules. The food is not good. Take a snack and an empty water bottle, comfortable shoes.

Arrive EARLY even before they say they open. The "stuff" is good and moderately expensive. Enjoy

Super Contributor

On 3/6/2014 granddi said:

We went several years ago and it is a lot of fun and I am not a golfer! We went the day before and went to Savannah.

Be sure you get a place to stay NOW. I think we finally found a room in Statesville-Best Western. Our weather was perfect but the day before it was windy and cold. Yes they are strict about the rules. The food is not good. Take a snack and an empty water bottle, comfortable shoes.

Arrive EARLY even before they say they open. The "stuff" is good and moderately expensive. Enjoy

We have a place to stay near the Masters. It is probably not a GREAT motel, but the price was not cheap. Can I take a granola in, and the empty bottle is OK? The lady above said you can take pictures at the practice rounds?

Super Contributor

On 3/6/2014 casuallady said:

We have a place to stay near the Masters. It is probably not a GREAT motel, but the price was not cheap. Can I take a granola in, and the empty bottle is OK? The lady above said you can take pictures at the practice rounds?

Forgot to say, we live near Oakmont PA, so have gone to the LPGA Open and hubby has been to the Men's Open. Thanks for the info.

Respected Contributor

On 3/6/2014 casuallady said:

Check your rules for sure. I think NO back pack but big purse OK. I think NO cell phone but camera ok. We walked all the way. The grounds are beautiful. Not a blade of grass is bent. Not a single flower has a missing petal--well that's a stretch but you will enjoy. Sure would stick a kind bar in my pocket. You can go back to your car but it will be hike!

Honored Contributor

My old company is a sponsor of the Master and the managers got to take clients.

My manager said the practice rounds are actually more fun than the tournament.

Yes, you can take pictures.

He had some great shots of Tiger and Phil from just a few feet away.

It's the trip of a lifetime...ENJOY!

Respected Contributor

The grounds are usually the highlight of the trip for me, but this year there's a chance the flowers may have been damaged by the extremely cold weather. Hope not. You're sure to enjoy the trip and the tournament.

Be sure to visit Savannah if you can. My aunt owned a lovely old home on Bull Street when she was alive, and Savannah is always beautiful. My favorite relative to visit ever - I always wished I could have lived there.