Respected Contributor

Mens Hockey at Sochi - SPOILER ALERT

Looks like the Team Russia has lost their quest for a medal as Finland beats them 3-1 this morning.

www.wthr.com/story/24763467/2014/02/19/spoiler-alert-olympic-hockey-results-russia-v-finland.

Team USA plays the Chech Republic tonight in the quarterfinals and if we beat them we play Canada Friday night in the semi finals.

GO TEAM USA

Honored Contributor

Re: Mens Hockey at Sochi - SPOILER ALERT

I'm switching between the Team USA and Team Canada's games.

Team USA is playing the Czech Republic. They are winning 4-1 in the 2nd. The game is on USA network.

Team Canada is playing Lativa. They are tied 1-1 in the 2nd. The game is on MSNBC.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Got them on. Wouldnt it be fun to see Team USA v Team Canada in the gold medal round, keeping my fingers crossed. Holding my breath right now for Canada!

eta~ lol I just realized the article I put in the OP must be out of Russia, it is their tonight!!

Honored Contributor

Hi SeaGal,

Yep, I would love that!!!

Do you follow NHL hockey? If so, for whom do you root?

I'm a NY Rangers fan for approx. 42 years.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Hi Donna, I really dont follow NHL but I do love the game. They play alot of hockey in Eastern Wa, my nephew played youth hockey up thru his teens, he was goalie and my BIL coached a few teams and is still involved in the youth hockey organization.

They played a game over here in Seattle one time and I caught a puck that went over the glass, it was a puck from the Goodwill Games here in Seattle in 1990. BIL wanted to trade me for just any other puck but I said NO! Ha, the way I see it if he didnt want to chance losing it they shouldnt have played it...right! (this was all in conversation after the game of course)

I learned a tidbit on TJ Oshie after his spectacular play. He was born in Everett Wa. and played for the Seattle Youth Hockey League before heading east to pursue his NHL career. His home ice was Olympic View Area in Mountlake Terrace just minutes north of Seattle. The local news with all the young boys in the youth league were all so cute, they want to be just like him AND TJs dad was in the story and they were so thrilled to meet him. I believe this story was before his Olympic debut. It was very cute!

This Canada v Latvia game is a nail biter eh!

eta~ thank you for the heads up on the LIVE games, I was thinking 9 hrs ahead of Sochi time not behind which we actually are, had a brain toot! I am loving this Canada Latvia game altho we are playing too, that one seems to be in the bag for USA. (I think) {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Yeah Team USA advancing. Hang in there Team Canada, 1:38 to go...

Yeah Team Canada advancing too!

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}I wouldn't have traded the puck either. Smart!!

You must have be so proud of your nephew and bil.

TJ is a great role model for the boys. It's nice to see their home towns root for all the players! He sure put himself on the map in these Olympics.

Latvian fans should be so proud of their team!! They gave Team Canada all they could handle. Nice to hear the Canadian fans, in the stands, gave Team Latvia a standing ovation!! They deserved it.

USA meets Canada, in the semifinals, on Friday! It's going to be a great game!! Looking forward to it. Smiley Happy

Looking forward to the women's gold medal match tomorrow, noon eastern, NBC, Canada vs. USA. One of the American players attends my son's college. We've been following the school's hockey teams since he started there.

Esteemed Contributor

Did anybody catch what time and on which channel the US-Canada game will be on Friday? I had the most dreadful time last night just trying to locate today's game so I could either watch it or DVR it.

Many thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

Yes the Latvians were very good sports, they have alot of heart dont they!

I was wondering about that play were the Latvian team guy grabbed the puck out from behind the goal line, he just reached behind his own goalies leg and was able to get his hand on the puck, totally couldnt see it just got lucky, and brought it out for a save. I missed it if they said why it was not reviewable but it wasnt. Didnt make a difference in the game but it was all too weird!

Thank you for the heads up on times for the upcoming games, seems the womens Team USA v Team Canada is de ja vu? Didnt that happen in a previous Olympic gold medal game?

Funny TJ cut his teeth (skates!) in an arena named Olympic View, I suppose it is named for the view of the Olympic Mt. range we can see from Seattle but it probably meant something entirely different to TJ at his young age, dreams of Olympic gold!

Have a nice day Donna~

Respected Contributor

sfnative, CNBC has been airing them, will be 9:00 am if you are still on the west coast. Smile