Esteemed Contributor

I jsut read he passed away today- 91 years old. What a legacy to baseball and NY Mets fans! I know the broadcasting booth at Citifield is named for him- I hope they honor him this season as well.

Super Contributor
So very sad. His knowledge of the game and all his stories will be missed!
Esteemed Contributor

Without a doubt, I grew up listening to him. I've been a Mets fan since 6th grade. Loved his Kiners Korner shows after the game-- if the Mets won preferably since the winning team was the focus of his show!! A very sad day.

Honored Contributor

Wow I had no idea he was still alive.

What a great guy. My dad was a mets fan and I grew up listening to him until I turned a Yankee fan around the time of Bucky Dent. LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

PTI had the good info on Kiner. He dated Elizabeth Taylor, Janet Leigh and Ava Gardner.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/6/2014 VaBelle35 said:

Wow I had no idea he was still alive.

What a great guy. My dad was a mets fan and I grew up listening to him until I turned a Yankee fan around the time of Bucky Dent. LOL

I hear ya, I admired him from afar!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/6/2014 VaBelle35 said:

PTI had the good info on Kiner. He dated Elizabeth Taylor, Janet Leigh and Ava Gardner.

He was quite handsome in his Pittsburgh Pirates playing days!!!

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed Kiner's Korner after the game!!

When I was a kid, I loved 3rd baseman, Wayne Garrett!!

RIP, thanks for the memories!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor
I'm a long suffering Mets fan and was so saddened to hear of Ralph Kiner's death. I always enjoyed watching Kiner's Korner after a Mets win. Back then players would get $100 for appearing on the show. Players looked forward to the cash as they didn't make as much money back then. Ralph was still sharp even at his age of 91 sitting in the booth with Gary,Keith, and Ron. He remembered everything and told great stories. He must have been a ladies man because I heard he was married 4 times! He will surely be missed.
Honored Contributor
The best in baseball! He will be missed. I loved the old stories too Jordan.