Super Contributor

Vionic flip flops. 70 bucks.

Oh my.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Vionic flip flops. 70 bucks.

I just spent $89.00 on a pair of flip flops at the Walking Store. I feel like I need arch supports so that my back doesn't hurt after a few hours. Yes, it hurts to spend that much but mine are made well. They did a scan of my feet and actually said my arches are not flat and not high, but somewhere in between, but I still know that shoes with support will help. I would have felt better spending that amount on sandals, but the flip flops will be worn more and the sandals they had weren't as cute as the Vionics.

Respected Contributor

I know, it is ridiculous. I have 2 pair.LOL. I spend spring, summer and 1/2 of fall in my flip flops. The arch support is key for me, otherwise I have low back pain and my sciatica acts up, so to me they are worth the $$

Respected Contributor

Yes, and worth every penny!! I love flip flops for casual wear in the summer but with my back and knee issues, I can't wear the pancake flat ones. I bought the Vionic thong sandals in the Summer of 2013 and I wore them all that summer and all the next summer and I'll wear them this summer too. They wear like iron! I rinse them off either in the tub or under a hose outside and they come out clean and fresh. But, best of all. They are good for my feet and I find them to be comfortable. That's my go-to sandal when we are going anywhere where I know I will be on my feet for a long time. I bought the soft gold color, it's a neutral that goes with everything.

Honored Contributor

If I thought they'd work for me like Vionics slide-in sandals, I'd buy them in every color, every style and more than willingly pay that $70 price.

Esteemed Contributor

It's Birkenstock's for me. Also can be expensive, but they are the best, and have been for (I think) a hundred years.
Respected Contributor

I have several pairs of the vionic slide "flip flops". I hate toe posts. I had worn another brand of sandals before I found vionic and was having pain in my heels that went away after switching brands. Yes, they are pricey but for me they work and that does it for me.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a pair a few days ago and haven't received them yet. They will be worth every penny if they help with foot and back pain. I am anxious to try them.

I was having foot and back pain when I was wearing my athletic shoes to Jazzercise and just wearing them on a regular basis throughout the day. They looked new but the footbed was worn down with very little support or cushioning. I tossed all of them and replaced them. It made a world of difference.

I am now a firm believer of a well made shoe with support.

Respected Contributor

Wearing the Vionic brand has lessened my arthritic knee pain, I can wear them all day all the time, so comfortable. I have found that as I have aged, my feet and knees have paid the price for some dumb and cheap footwear decisions of my youth! with Vionic I can wear a high heel again and comfortably!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I've bought 4 pair of the slides in the last week. I hate a toe post. Now I'm planning on getting the slippers so I have supportive shoes for in the house. It's worth it so my feet, knee and back don't hurt. I just wish they went up to a 15 so I could get some for my husband.

I've worn shoes with an orthotic footbed for almost 20 years.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval