Respected Contributor

QVC Lost My Business On This Transaction

Just shot a note off to QVC telling them I took my business to Zappos. Has ordered a Vionic Boot in my usual Vionic size (I already have 3 other pairs in the same size). My order arrived today and the shoes are running a full size small. Started to indicate to send me a larger size on the return and then thought "What am I messing around with this for? Order from Zappos, you'll have them tomorrow!" QVC needs to get their sizing consistency in order AND speed up the ship times. I figured I would be wearing my new boots for 3 weeks or more before QVC processed my return and shipped new ones to me. Anyone else have this happen with shoes?

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC Lost My Business On This Transaction

Why blame QVC for Vionic's shoe sizing? I do agree it's wise to shop around on line - especially for shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

I blame QVC for inconsistent sizing errors all the time. They're supposed to have quality control. They used to talk about it all the time when they explained that Q is for quality. I'm at the point where I don't know that I'll order any clothes or shoes from QVC ever again.
Respected Contributor

If it's the same style as being sold on Zappos, hope you're ordering the larger size then as the sizing isn't just for the Q, it would be the whole style regardless of vendor.

Respected Contributor

Not blaming QVC for Vionic sizing at all. What I do fault QVC for is their inconsistency with sizing. They say, find your size at QVC and you will find it the same throughout. It used to be true, but not anymore. They used to work closely with vendors to do this. AND, they take forever to ship and do a return. With Zappo's it's an overnight delivery with free shipping both ways. My new boots in one size larger will be here this morning. I will be been wearing them for 2 weeks before QVC gets and processes the return. I have been with QVC from the beginning, it's just in the last year or so that I have had issues of any kind with them. It's very disappointing.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

At least Zappos has free shipping and returns!

Honored Contributor

Let us know if you hear a response

Frequent Contributor

I am with you-even in their own Denim & Co. brand, I have ordered the same style, different color, but same size in some of their items, and they are not the same. I do not order clothes or shoes-well for that matter, they is very little I order from them anymore-but then again I do not watch them much anymore. I find even with their so-called reduced shipping, I would rather take my business to someplace close, where I can try it on and not have to pay shipping--plus, when using my coupons, I can get something just as cute, if not cuter at a much better price.

There use to be a time when I had QVC on almost all day when I was home. Now I usually turn it on when I check emails in the morning and then switch to the news.

PS.. Zappos is great-but also check Amazon-I got my daughter-in-law a pair of Pink Vionic sandals-the Tide II-for $39.95 and free shipping as well. I always check Amazon lately for shoes.

Honored Contributor

Do whatever you feel is right, but when someone buys shoes without trying them on, there will be instances when the fit is off. QVC didn't manufacture the shoes and they have a standard return policy that isn't hidden from their shoppers so we need to abide by it.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/25/2015 wildcat fan said: I blame QVC for inconsistent sizing errors all the time. They're supposed to have quality control. They used to talk about it all the time when they explained that Q is for quality. I'm at the point where I don't know that I'll order any clothes or shoes from QVC ever again.

I agree if it is one of QVC's own brands such as D&Co, Joan Rivers, Isaac, G.I.L.I, etc. If the product is manufactured by an outside company like Vionic, the shoes will be the same wrong size no matter where you buy them.