Occasional Contributor
I had never heard of Spenco shoes until I started surfing the Q looking for orthopedic shoes. Boy am I glad I found Spenco! I bought the Siesta in red and I absolutely love them. They have a wide toe box that I really like because I have sclerosis and osteoarthritis on one foot. These shoes are wonderful. I have a pair of Orthaheel slippers that I love but have tried other shoes from them and they just don't feel good. If you are on the fence and looking for something new and comfortable, I highly recommend Spenco. They also have the Sierra in canvas which I hope to get when they go on easy pay.
Honored Contributor

Re: Spenco Shoes! True Comfort!

All our various foot woes and conditions are so individual. I tried Spenco and found they were not enough support for my pronation and plantar fasciitis. They were better than regular shoes, but only a little better. The Vionics are better for me - but not for everyone.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

I wear Spenco sandals almost all year long. (Live in California.) I needed more support in my sandals since I had bunion surgery and found that Spenco fits the bill very well. I also wear Vionics but what I like about Spenco is that they are way more affordable.

Respected Contributor

I had the flip flops and loved them but when the sole got wet they were very slippery. In December mopped the tile floor. I walked back into the room and the floor was still wet and my feet went out from under me. I broke my elbow and had to have surgery. I knew they were like that and still wore them so shame on me. Just be careful if the sole is wet.

Honored Contributor

They were on in presentation the other day and the rep stated specifically that they are NOT made or intended to help those with plantar fasciitis OR pronation, so that would explain why they only help me minimally.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

yes there is true comfort.

Respected Contributor

I've used their insoles, arch supports I guess they are, but I did not know Spenco made shoes. I'm glad you found something that works for you. I know how you feel.

Honored Contributor

I don't like any of these so-called orthopedic shoes as well as I like Alegria. They are so much better made. I can see them being worn for years and years, then replace the footbeds for $20/pair and start over again.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment