Contributor

Looking for riding boot with good arch support

Suffering from plantar fasciitis and I am so sick of boxy, clunky shoes. Would love a cute pair of boots ( love the cute riding boots) but must have good arch support. I have a little larger calf so need to consider that. Anyone know of a brand? Also if you know a brand of cute shoes that offer good arch and stability, I would be interested. I have dansko and a few vionic. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for riding boot with good arch support

I have always preferred Ariat. For riding, leisure footwear, even sandals. Love them.
Honored Contributor

I have problem feet, too. This year I bought a pair of Pikolinos boots, and they are very comfortable. They're expensive, but worth it to me to have a pair with good support. They have them at several of the online stores and at some of the nicer department stores. They're beautiful boots, too. You could read the reviews to get an idea of the fit. They come in European sizes. I wear a size 8M and ordered a 38, and they fit me well. I ordered the Brujas 3-strap and just love them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I have had really good luck with Aerosoles. In fact my favorite pair is from them. QVC has some on their site, if you search. They have really cute styles, too!

I find their boots to be very comfortable with good arch support. Regarding the wider calf, I have that, too. The pair I have actually have 2 zippers (one goes down only part way). It helps in putting the boots on, but I can then zip the second zipper up and it is hardly noticeable.

The pair I got I saw on QVC, but actually bought at Kohl's (percentages off and no shipping), so you could check their site, too.

Gloria

Honored Contributor

What about Alegria?

Or Born?

Honored Contributor

Truthfully I don't think they make something like a riding boot with an arch support, good or otherwise. If you need support, you shouldn't be wearing that type of footwear. Alegria does build support into their boots but they're not riding boots. I recently got a pair on their company discount website. I don't know of a company that makes footwear with less support than Aerosoles. Here's the Alegria website URL; the boots are at the bottom.

http://www.alegriashoeshop.com/category-s/166.htm

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I feel your pain (literally.) I've been suffering from plantars as a result of meds i had to take for Lyme disease. Try an insert? Vionic does have pretty good quality inserts. I also picked up a couple of different styles of inserts from Dr. Scholl's. You can use them in most boots or shoes. I was living in Dansko's for what seemed like forever and was happy to be able to wear some other styles with the help of the inserts. Hope it goes away soon. Stretch, stretch, stretch and massage!
Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 lolakimono said:

What about Alegria?

Alegria Cami Stone Wall Alegria Ivy Espresso Butter Boot

Or Born?

Women's Born Corlisse - 387949 Women's Born Corlisse - 387950

I have a pair of Born boots, and they really hurt my feet.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I recently discovered Pikolinos boots and find them to be very comfy. I have a high arch and a foot that runs to the narrow side of medium (if that even makes sense).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Not applicable

Chaco shoes have great arch support---better than Alegria. New Balance has 2 types of Insoles with great arch support. Sole Shoes of Canada have great arch support. Some of Merrell have great arch support. All these manufacturers have web sites AND are available at on-line shoe stores with great discounts.