Esteemed Contributor
I know this has been discussed before but I have a pair of suede pumps that squeak when I walk. Anyone know of a fix??
Honored Contributor

Mine all stopped squeaking after I wore them a lot, but it was a really hard adjustment period. I just had to learn to own the fact that I sounded like a clown whenever I walked down our 50 yard hallway.

Regular Contributor

I read awhile back that sometimes the ""squeak"" is caused by the different layers of sole rubbing on each other. In this case unfortunately there is no fix but will sometimes lessen or go away with wear. I had a pair of sandals that did this and drove me NUTS. I had to give them away!

Honored Contributor
Try dusting the insole with powder. If you wear hose, put the powder on the shoe, also on the toes if you wish. Sometimes helps, sometimes not.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Newnick. I will have to try that powder tip. I have a beautiful pair of black Nine West pumps that I love, but they squeak when I walk on the carpet at work and it drives me nuts. They're fine everywhere else. It's just that carpet at the office, which is where I want to wear them! I guess if the powder doesn't work, I really need to let them go because I've had them for at least 7 years now.

Regular Contributor

I purchased a beautiful pair of black leather Cole Haan loafers. In the store they were fine. At home, months later, when I finally tried wearing them, one of them squeaked at every step. If the powder idea does not work I will contact a shoe repair shop (they are harder to find nowadays) and also write to the company. Maybe they can do an in-house fix if I am willing to pay. Hate to see all that $$$ go down the drain.

Honored Contributor
I bought a pair of Alegria shoes that made rude noises when I walked. I called their CS and they sent me a different pair of insoles that solved the problem.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I've had different brands of shoes that have squeaked. When I bent them back and forth with my hands there wasn't a sound. After trying different things I decided that when I didn't wear socks, stockings, etc. the shoe squeaked, but not when I wore them. So maybe an insole or powder will alleviate the problem.