Trusted Contributor

Found A Pair of Clarks Bendables at TJ Maxx, But...

They are a cute pair of shoes, but inside it says "Man-made," for the entire shoe. They are $39.99. I was surprised, because the Clarks I've purchased in the past all are leather uppers.

Have any of you bought Clarks that are not leather? These are Clarks and not knock offs, they are a croco loafer look.

I don't know if it's worth it to buy them if they are all man-made throughout.

Honored Contributor

Re: Found A Pair of Clarks Bendables at TJ Maxx, But...

I got some sandals at Bells that were Clarks manmade - I've had them since we moved here in 2010 and they are still in good shape. I wear them often too as they are my only brown sandals.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks happy housewife...

So good to know. They are nice looking shoes and were comfortable when I tried them on. I was just not sure about not being leather. I'm glad you had a good experience. I'll probably go back and get them and walk in them a bit around the house to make sure they are comfortable. I had a broken foot back in May and it's just now getting back to normal, so I have to be cautious as to what I buy so that when it does swell a bit, the shoes are still comfortable.

Thanks again for the information!

Honored Contributor

I was born with a clubfoot and had it repaired as a baby then when I was in my late 50s it got arthritis because of the previous surgery and had to be rebroken in 3 places and pinned etc. What a mess that was. Anyway - it still swells 7 years later. I have purchased some Clarks sandals that close with velcro so that when that foot swells I can loosen them. If I know I am going to be on my feet for a while I always wear those sandals.

Trusted Contributor

That's a good idea. You've had your share with your foot issues.

It was one pair of Clarks sandals that helped me when I got out of the surgical boot. It was the only shoe I could wear for a few weeks. I even went to PT with it until I could find a wide walking shoe that worked. Our feet can make our lives miserable if they are uncomfortable or hurting. No one realizes how hard it is when you're immobile for some time and how much our feet work to make us productive.

I hope you don't have too much swelling. It amazed me after I got out of that boot that I had to relearn to use my foot again, even to wiggle the toes.

I've never been a spike heel wearer and know I never will now.

Esteemed Contributor

To the OP, what you can also do to research the shoes you are interested in is to take a photo of them and then use google images to find the name of the shoe so you can read shoe reviews about the shoe as you likely can find reviews on QVC, Zappos, or Amazon. That may give you an idea of whether you want to buy the shoe or not.