Honored Contributor

Will waterproof spray protect UGGs?

If I use a protecting spray/waterproof spray on my UGGs, will they be ok in the snow?

Honored Contributor

Re: Will waterproof spray protect UGGs?

All a spray can do is make footwear water resistant, not water proof. To get true water proofing it must be done in a factory so the holes made for thread can be sealed. Uggs are so expensive, I'd be afraid of ruining them.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I had 3 pairs of Uggs boots for several years. My first pair I purchased 5 years ago. My most recent was a year ago. I treat them before I wear them outside. So far, they still look great. Two of them are in grey, a difficult color to maintain. Yes, they are expensive. I purchased an Ugg cleaning kit. I got that through Amazon. They are worth the extra care you have to put in.

Respected Contributor

UGG makes a cleaner, conditioner and a water repellant spray. You can find them all on the UGG website or at Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear my Uggs in the snow every year. Also, on Pinterest it tells you how to clean Uggs so they look like new.

Super Contributor

I have a pair of sand colored Uggs that are 12 years old. I spray them with the Uggs protectant every year, which might be overkill...but they still look brand new. I swear by that spray, and use it on all my Uggs as well as any other suede shoe or boot. I even bought their cleaner and have yet to need it because the protectant is that good.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Honored Contributor

This site belongs to a UK manufacturer of sheepskin boots and it has great tips for caring for them: http://www.whooga.co.uk/Ugg-Boot-Tips

Honored Contributor

Uggs recommends spraying their boots before wearing with a protectorant.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My DIL and son were here this weekend. Her UGGs are 6 years old and look like new. She sprays them every year with UGG spray. So I bought some and sprayed mine.

Trusted Contributor

I have UGG's cleaning and water repellant products and they work great. I treat all of my UGG's (I have three pairs) each year at the beginning of the winter and I also wear mine in the snow. My first pair of UGG's were purchased about 10 years ago and they still look brand new and my newer pairs look beautiful - even the light tan colored pair looks clean & new. You must get these products if you want to maintain your investment.