Super Contributor

Did anyone hear Jane Treacy's Christmas gift suggestion with the Clark's shoes ?

Jane was trying on a pair of Clarks shoes a little while ago, a pair that cost $ 69.90 plus S&H plus tax, totaling around $ 77.87 or so.

Then she mentioned her sister, Chrissy, as we all know, and stated that she is gifting one of her children's teachers a pair for Christmas.

So Jayne thinks that is a great idea and suggested we do the same.

After picking my jaw up from the floor, I decided Jane has been hosting for far too long, and it's time for her to go home.

Am I being unreasonable in thinking this ?

Super Contributor

Re: Did anyone hear Jane Treacy's Christmas gift suggestion with the Clark's shoes ?

You do not gift shoes to your children's teachers? Where have you been?
Respected Contributor

Re: Did anyone hear Jane Treacy's Christmas gift suggestion with the Clark's shoes ?

I think it is probably wise not to watch hosts you don't enjoy. Jane's not going to change, you're not going to change. It is a pretty predictable recipe for frustration.

Super Contributor

Gazelle, don't be so ridiculous. I didn't say a thing about ME gifting shoes. I know better! I'm discussing the fact that Jane would think it a logical gift from a parent to a child's teacher. Does that make sense ?????

Valued Contributor

Enjoying a host has little to do with a thoughtless comment like suggesting that you give shoes to a teacher. First, shoes are a strange gift to give anyone, since you really need to try them on. They are not like a scarf or a piece of jewelry. And then of course there is the cost factor. Even if you could afford to give a teacher (and what child just has one teacher, even in primary grades) a $75 gift, it would be inappropriate to give such a personal gift as shoes! As a former teacher I would have been a little weirded out if a student gave me a pair of shoes. Seriously. Some of my favorite gifts were very simple, but everyday things, like a Christmas decoration, cookies, or even a Mrs. Prindable's apple.

Super Contributor

On 10/23/2014 Remee said:

Gazelle, don't be so ridiculous. I didn't say a thing about ME gifting shoes. I know better! I'm discussing the fact that Jane would think it a logical gift from a parent to a child's teacher. Does that make sense ?????

I was funning with you! Relax and do not be so defensive.
Frequent Contributor

I don't usually watch when she is on. She is way too pretentious for me.

Respected Contributor

On 10/23/2014 cotto22 said:

Enjoying a host has little to do with a thoughtless comment like suggesting that you give shoes to a teacher. First, shoes are a strange gift to give anyone, since you really need to try them on. They are not like a scarf or a piece of jewelry. And then of course there is the cost factor. Even if you could afford to give a teacher (and what child just has one teacher, even in primary grades) a $75 gift, it would be inappropriate to give such a personal gift as shoes! As a former teacher I would have been a little weirded out if a student gave me a pair of shoes. Seriously. Some of my favorite gifts were very simple, but everyday things, like a Christmas decoration, cookies, or even a Mrs. Prindable's apple.

I suspect that 99.99% of viewers don't take such suggestions seriously. Honestly, I don't. The hosts have a lot of air time to fill. I just can't get upset by it.

Honored Contributor

Aside from it being a stupid, ridiculous teacher gift, Chrissy is too old to have to buy teacher gifts. She's a lot older than Jane.

Weird sales pitch.

Trusted Contributor

That is just ridiculous!!

Jessa