Occasional Contributor
Yes, I have had a recent pair of Privo brand (which I have always loved) fall apart...like whole pieces of the bottom of the shoe (as if they had glued it in with the wrong stuff) - fell apart. I no longer can trust this brand as I think they not being made in the U.K. anymore...and well, the quality is very poor.
Respected Contributor

Re: Clarks shoes falling apart

Have you called them directly?

I have several pairs that I WISH would fall apart and they don't....similar to Lands End clothing that seems to never wear out either.

Honored Contributor

That's very disappointing. I've only had one pair of Clarks break in the sole, but I had worn that shoe hundreds of times and walked hundreds of miles in it. The first thing I did when I saw it was broken was order another one just like it in a different color because it had served me so well.

Honored Contributor

I had a pair do that both of the pair within about one minute of each other. I had worn them for about two years when I felt something give and the postman who was in my office at the time and we looked down to see what I was feeling and one shoe was falling completely apart. Seriously, pieces were flopping around off my shoe.

As I started turning around in a circle (like that would help me see the whole shoe better) he said "Becky look at your other shoe now it is coming apart too". It was like a scene from a bad movie.

Mine were low heeled clogs and it was about 6 years ago when it happened. Only pair to cause me trouble.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

On 9/26/2014 lilspeth said: Yes, I have had a recent pair of Privo brand (which I have always loved) fall apart...like whole pieces of the bottom of the shoe (as if they had glued it in with the wrong stuff) - fell apart. I no longer can trust this brand as I think they not being made in the U.K. anymore...and well, the quality is very poor.

I just had that happen to a pair of Clark sandals! I am so bummed out as I absolutely love the sandals - they are a nice coral color and it is not like I wore them every day of the summer for years, only with my coral colored clothes. BUMMER!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

Awww... now I'm worried about the boots I just bought in the TSV last week.

Occasional Visitor

I had a pair of Clarks that also came apart. I called Clarks and they replaced by shoes.

Inside of your shoes, there should be a number. They will ask for this number that is inside the shoes.

Good Luck!

Trusted Contributor

It has happened to me twice. Both pair were clogs that I had owned for a few years but had not worn all that often. They had been in climate-controlled storage for a year. The next time I wore them, the uppers almost completely separated from the soles while I was at work. I had to put rubber bands around them to hold them on long enough for me to go to the store on my lunch break and buy a new pair of shoes (too far to go home on my lunch hour). I think it's crazy for a relatively expensive shoe, from a brand with a reputation for quality, to fail so catastrophically.

I no longer buy Clarks. Just not taking that chance again.

Frequent Contributor

A friend of mine had her brand new Clarks fall apart too. She had just put them on and walked to her car. She stepped out of her vehicle and the whole sole of the shoe came off!

Super Contributor

For years I never had a problem with Clarks. In the past couple of years, I had 3 pair that pulled away from the sole. I always thought they were sewn. I learned it just looked like they were stitched. Wish I had thought to call... 2 pairs were just a few months old, but I just tossed them. I haven't bought any since... they use to last me forever.

moongirl