Regular Contributor

I just received my two pair of ankle boots from the upcoming Clarks TSV in black leather and wine suede. While the boots are lovely, with good color, I am sending both back.

I tried on both and found them to be too uncomfortable to wear. There is no arch support, miniscule padding on the inside, and the part that surrounds the ankle is about 3-inches high. It just barely goes above my ankles and rubs my legs where it bends when I walk. Plus (and this is a biggie for me) the black smooth leather ones had a card stating that "The dyes used to achieve this depth of color may bleed or fade with wear. The slight color variations and the distinctive markings are a characteristic and not to be considered defective. Color transfer may occur." I had a pair of black sandals that turned the soles of my feet black from "bleed" and "color transfer," so thanks but no thanks!!! (I live in the South and usually wear hosiery with boots - if you wear socks, this may not be an issue).

I am so, so, so disappointed. {#emotions_dlg.crying} Both are going back and my search for the perfect ankle boots continues. Just wanted to share my review in case you are interested.

Rebecca J

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming Clarks ankle boots

Which boot is it? I have worn and owned many clothing items and shoes in Suede and color transfer is common but will stop after a few wearings. Even handbags will transfer color to your clothing until some age sets in. I love suede but maybe suede isn't for you.

I am still in search of the perfect boot as well. I can't find one that has a small enough ankle circumference, I don't like the look of the wide opening around the leg or ankle. I need great arch support and hate contrast stitching. I want it in leather and I want to be able to adjust the tightness around my thin ankles. I just ordered the new Clark's A202979 boot in navy and I'm hoping this one will do the trick. Good luck in your search and please post if you find one that is perfect!

Regular Contributor

On 8/30/2014 Goldreich said:

Which boot is it? I have worn and owned many clothing items and shoes in Suede and color transfer is common but will stop after a few wearings. Even handbags will transfer color to your clothing until some age sets in. I love suede but maybe suede isn't for you.

I am still in search of the perfect boot as well. I can't find one that has a small enough ankle circumference, I don't like the look of the wide opening around the leg or ankle. I need great arch support and hate contrast stitching. I want it in leather and I want to be able to adjust the tightness around my thin ankles. I just ordered the new Clark's A202979 boot in navy and I'm hoping this one will do the trick. Good luck in your search and please post if you find one that is perfect!

Thanks, Goldreich. Interestingly, the card was only in the box with the black smooth leather -- not with the wine suede boots. I have been searching for a year-plus for black ankle boots -- as I said, I'm SO disappointed. I have a lot of Clarks shoes and thought these would be perfect. Oh well. The boots are an upcoming TSV and supposedly not out in stores yet. The item number for ordering now is A260868 if you want to check them out. It will be a TSV on September 18.

If you order them, I hope they work for you and you will love them!

Rebecca

Honored Contributor

That elastic gored area would drive me up one wall and down the other. I think that item is more shootie and less ankle boot.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info. No I wouldn't be interested in these boots due to the heal height alone.

I need comfort and adjust-ability and no high heal. I want the ankle to fit not stick out.

Let me know if you ever find the prefect black boot. I have been looking for the same thing for years. I have many return fees on boots that just didn't work out.

Honored Contributor

On 8/31/2014 Goldreich said:

Let me know if you ever find the prefect black boot. I have been looking for the same thing for years. I have many return fees on boots that just didn't work out.

I am a pretty good boot finder.

What size do you need?

Super Contributor

why dont u use zappos finder.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting. Was thinking of ordering the wine and will pass. I did order the Clarks wedge lace boots in black suede and very happy with them. Never order a heel that high but they were right I can't feel the height. I wish they would get the grey back in stock.

Honored Contributor

Sorry they didn't work for you.....what's the item number?
Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 chrystaltree said: Sorry they didn't work for you.....what's the item number?

See post #2.