Valued Contributor

Question about how ankle boots are supposed to fit at the top

I wanted a bit dressier ankle boot to wear with tights, skirts, and dresses and I chose the OTO Clarks Malia Hue http://www.qvc.com/Clarks-Bendables-Malia-Hue-Leather--Suede-Ankle-Boots.product.A256744.html?sc=A2....

I got them yesterday and to me they are quite lovely. They have a 3 1/2 inch shaft, 2 inch stacked heel which is what I want, and are very comfortable (just a smidge big) for my very difficult to fit feet. They are structured---not very pliable---but nicely padded on the inside and ankle.

Here's my question. They stand away from my ankle all around an inch or more and I noticed in most videos that's the way they look on the models---not hugging the ankle in any way. I modeled them for my husband and he immediately said, "They look like you have little buckets on your feet!!!!" {#emotions_dlg.scared} Then he quickly added, "Well, if that's the style, they look like very nice boots." So, ladies, what's the deal?????????? Any opinions----I have slender ankles and legs, am 5' 6", and take a 6 1/2 wide shoe because of surgeries etc on my feet. Most of the ankle boots have the same circumference for both med and wide and they usually seem to be 10 inches.

Sorry this is long and thanks in advance for any opinions you might offer.

KK

Super Contributor

Re: Question about how ankle boots are supposed to fit at the top

I think you would need the extra room so your ankle can bend. They are gorgeous boots. The top of those hit right at your ankle bone and if they were too tight they would rub your shin as you walked. As for your husband's reaction - put them on with the complete look - coordinating tights, etc. Then don't ask his opinion Wink

Valued Contributor

Re: Question about how ankle boots are supposed to fit at the top

Thanks Okiebug, good point about being able to bend your ankle. I got a "thumbs up" {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}from hubby about NOT asking for his opinion!!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} You are right---they are very handsome boots and I think I'll probably keep them!

KK