Contributor

Clarks Bendables Ashland Spin Leather Slip-on Shoes Item #A229594

Today I received the above Clarks and was SO excited until I tried them on. I ALWAYS wear a size 8 in Clarks, but obviously not in this style! They flopped off my heals badly, not even a thick pair of socks helped. From a few other reviews I read, seems I'm not alone with sizing issues in this style. This is not the first time I've had to return Clarks, last pair(s) I returned was the TSV "in motion" shoes. Again the 8 was far too large, so I opted to exchange for a 7.5, neither size worked! Clarks are not inexpensive shoes and I own several styles all is size 8. So what is going on with sizing issues in the last several months?! Shipping can get rather costly when returning and especially when exchanging.

Wondering if there are other folks here that have been having these sort of issues and how did you handle it? At this point I'm truly frustrated and thinking that I may have to stop purchasing Clarks online {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Contributor

Re: Clarks Bendables Ashland Spin Leather Slip-on Shoes Item #A229594

Wow.... this is the 3rd post I've made in as many months that has gotten lots of views but 0 replys.

Whose Wheaties did I p*ss in????

Contributor

I have had sizing issues with Clarks from the Q, especially if they are a TSV. It is a chance you take especially when they state that the shoes are made especially for the Q, I now stay away from those.

Super Contributor

I bought 3 pair of these, 2 for me, 1 for DD, after they first were introduced last year. I ordered our regular sizes, and the shoes fit us perfectly. In fact, they fit so well it's almost like they were made for my feet. I wonder if something "went south" in subsequent productions?

Trusted Contributor

I've never had a problem with Clark's sizing until recently. The last three pairs I've purchased were returned. I think I give up now. Something has changed with the Clark's QVC products.
Trusted Contributor

This just happened to me today. I recently suffered with a broken foot a few months ago and am trying to find shoes I can wear. I am normally a 7.5 B in most shoes, with a narrow foot.

I went to the mall today and found this style, although not identical to the one on QVC, but it is an Ashland style. I tried on the 7.5 B... knowing it would most probably be too small for my injured foot. It fit perfect on the injured foot, but was way too big on the good one. I also walked out of it. It was on sale for 25.00... the sales person told me to put a Dr. Scholl's pad in it and see if that helps. I did and that helps a little bit, but it's still looser than I like. I'm glad it fits my more swollen foot, but it's not sized right. I have 5 days to return it, so I'll try it around the house with the pad in it. I find most of my Clarks sandals are bigger than other sandals in my size.

The velcro doesn't lend itself well to additional tightening as a a strap with holes where you can add more holes.

I was just going to post something about how frustrating it is having to try on shoes after an injury when your foot is still swelling and not back to normal yet.

They tell me it can take up to a year before I can fit into my old shoes. It scares me to think I would never be able to wear my shoes like before. I don't wear high heels, mainly Clarks and Areosoles. I hope my foot will return to normal. It's been 3 1/2 months since the injury, I was in a boot for 7 weeks.

Respected Contributor

I bought those shoes when they were a TSV last year and I had no problems with the fit. I also bought the most recent Clark's TSV in my regular size and again no problem. But I did notice in the reviews of the most recent TSV that half the people reviewing them said they were too big in their regular size. I guess that I've been lucky.

Honored Contributor

I NEVER buy Clarks shoes online. The sizes are all over the place. I tried my normal size 8M and then 7 1/2, 7, etc. including wide. I own one pair that actually fit. I tried that in the store.

Honored Contributor

I have these in black - they fit perfectly in my regular size.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm the one that keeps posting that Clarks run BIG. A couple of years ago, I ordered from Clarksusa.com two closed pairs of Clarks, similar to the one u purchased from the Q. I always wear 7 wide -- but they ran so long that I returned both pairs. Fortunately, I didn't have to pay shipping either way. I also own at least 15 pairs of Clarks (mostly clogs) which I purchased several years ago in 7 wide from QVC and other sites - and the fit is perfect.