Super Contributor

Saw my first presentation of Alegria this morning. Not familiar with them. This summer have been trying Vionic. Started with a loud pair of black & white dotted slippers from ebay. I put them on and was amazed at how my feet fell. then got a pair of thongs (also from ebay) and the soles are so thin that they don't really give the support like the slippers did. the slippers have a really thick sole and are the most comfy things, eventhough the print is semi-wild! If the footbed of the Alegria adjusts to your foot over time, wouldn't that mean it would adjust to the bad position of your feet? i.e. if you have flat feet (I don't) wouldn't you eventually make the footbed flat? seems similar to Birkies, which I used to wear years ago, but not now. Hope someone understands what I'm asking, or has had a pair of the Alegria shoes and could comment. TIA

Honored Contributor

With the Alegria shoes, your foot will mold your personalized wear pattern on the footbed; same as with Birkenstocks.

Contributor
I sometimes wear Algeria shoes for work, I am an OR nurse and on my feet a lot, 8 to 12 hours a day. I only wear them sometimes as since my feet have molded the footbed, they aren't as comfortable as they were when they were new. I now find the footbed to be kinda hard but not as hard as my danskos. I won't repurchase and am still on the hunt for a comfortable shoe for work. I just ordered a pair of Keens from RueLaLa for $20, they are suppose to be very comfortable.
Super Contributor

Thank you both. I'm usually on the eternal hunt for the perfect shoe. good luck to all.

Honored Contributor

Luvasale, you might want to try Gravity Defeyers Shoes. They have a spring built into the heel (you can't see it) and you just sort of bounce along. Very comfortable. I've gotten several pairs of those as well as Alegrias very inexpensively from Zulily. They feature different brands every day so you have to keep checking. They don't allow returns but I've been elated with the 40 or so pairs I've gotten there.

I haven't had my Alegrias long enough to determine how the footbed will feel after a lot of wear. Has anyone had trouble with them making what sounds like rude noises? I have one pair that does. I call CS at the company headquarters and the sent me free a different set of insoles to install. New footbeds are available.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

they supposed to be comfortable. but not for me.

Valued Contributor
This brand came from from people who worked in the medical industry, so they do know comfort. I do know while it conforms to your personal foot, there are supports to keep the foot in alignment. If that makes sense. So it wouldn't "encourage" the foot issues to continue.
Frequent Contributor
Alegria's are like if orthotics and birki's had a baby shoe lol... the best thing about Alegria's is that if you wear them to the point that they are no longer comfortable then you go to alegriashoes.com and order a replacement pair of footbeds for $20! You read the reviews in here and ppl complain about a ""gap"" around the footbed? That's because the footbed comes out and is replaceable. Also if you happen to get them soaked in rain you can pull them out so they can dry. The Q won't tell you that so you think you have to replace them. I wear Alegria's and love them. And no... they won't conform to a bad position. They will help your feet maintain the proper position
Super Contributor

I've been wearing Alegria's since last year, and my feet/legs/back are all extremely happy. 8)

*They have a mild 'rocker' bottom, which helps to propel you while walking.

*They have a comfortable 1" heel height with a 3/4" 'platform' height. ("flats" aren't healthy at all)

*Their footbed is made up of cork, memory foam, & latex.

*They have fantastic arch support (a biggie for me).

*The footbeds are removable, and you can insert your own orthotics if you wish.

BTW, I also wear Birkenstock's, and a few others with excellent support.

Honored Contributor

Feline-

I'm sure you've seen these before, but just in case, I own these and they're the Cat's Meow!