Contributor

If you do not have a problem with your knees, or legs, and are bow legged DO NOT purchase Orthaheels VIONIC. It has cost me a lot of money since I tried a pair and VIONIC is not acknowledging that the shoes caused my tear or all the problems I am having with my knee. Costing me a fortune and a lot of pain. I cannot believe that a company would not stand up and take responsibility.

Honored Contributor

Re: No Problem With Your Knees

If you were already bow legged you already had a problem with your legs/knees before you purchased orthaheels.

Occasional Contributor

I don't understand how a pair of Vionic Orthaheels could have caused a tear; I'm assuming it was a tendon, etc. in your knee area since you also mentioned your knee. None of the orthopedic problems ("knees, legs, or bow-legged") you mention would preclude someone from wearing the Vionics - more likely than not, the Vionics would help each of those problems. You have to have a specific type of injury to the knee to tear a tendon, muscle, etc. Any orthopedic physician would certainly make that clear.

Honored Contributor

On 6/13/2014 HappyJCP said:

I don't understand how a pair of Vionic Orthaheels could have caused a tear; I'm assuming it was a tendon, etc. in your knee area since you also mentioned your knee. None of the orthopedic problems ("knees, legs, or bow-legged") you mention would preclude someone from wearing the Vionics - more likely than not, the Vionics would help each of those problems. You have to have a specific type of injury to the knee to tear a tendon, muscle, etc. Any orthopedic physician would certainly make that clear.

Not saying I agree with the OP, but when I first started wearing Vionics after a lifetime of not wearing orthotics when I should have been, my one knee hurt for a few weeks before it quieted down. Body mechanics can be all thrown off by foot/leg issues. And - I know better NOW, but Alegria rocker bottom shoes, which are supposed to be very good for most people's feet, caused irreparable scar tissue and tears in my Achilles tendons that have caused me years of pain. Google "Skechers shape-ups" + lawsuit. Same kind of shoes. So I don't dismiss the OP out of hand, but s/he is not very articulate about her issue, or forthcoming with any details.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

I would like to speak to Happy Housewife, unless you are bow legged you have no idea what it is like. I did not have a problem with my knees or legs even tho I was bow legged, at least not a bone problem. These shoes tried to straighten the bone up and if you think about it for a minute you would realize that the bone could not be straightened, it is bone, and the shoes tried to straight my knee which is impossible. I have a meniscus tear and now have to have surgery. Have had shots and everything else done to me but surgery is now in the future. Bottom line, cannot straighten a leg from the foot up if the leg is not straight to begin with. Buyer beware!!!!

Honored Contributor

Why didn't YOU think about it for a moment before wearing these? They are not going to acknowledge they are the problem, even if they are. That opens them to a huge lawsuit. I understand your frustration, but I think your anger is misplaced.

Honored Contributor

On 6/17/2014 apptini said:

I would like to speak to Happy Housewife, unless you are bow legged you have no idea what it is like. I did not have a problem with my knees or legs even tho I was bow legged, at least not a bone problem. These shoes tried to straighten the bone up and if you think about it for a minute you would realize that the bone could not be straightened, it is bone, and the shoes tried to straight my knee which is impossible. I have a meniscus tear and now have to have surgery. Have had shots and everything else done to me but surgery is now in the future. Bottom line, cannot straighten a leg from the foot up if the leg is not straight to begin with. Buyer beware!!!!

No. The shoes did not/do not "try to straighten the bone." Only a surgical procedure with titanium rods could attempt that. The shoes are simply designed to keep people's feet in the correct anatomic position. The correct position all normal people's feet should be in. If you understand before you wear them that due to structural abnormalities you have that most people don't have, that your body is not considered "normal" structurally, it is up to you to monitor how your feet and legs are doing when you wear the shoes. What you claim happened to you could not have happened overnight. If your knee, leg or foot hurt, why didn't you stop wearing the shoes before you progressed to the point of tear?
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

Yes, I was very bow legged due to severe OA in both knees. It took total knee replacement to correct my knees. No shoe will do that. Now I have nice straight legs... Very happy!
Trusted Contributor

We have a very good shoe store in town where they have people especially trained in orthotics and fitting shoes. I tried on some Orthoheels and the salesperson told me they were not for me. He said they would mess me up as my feet were the opposite of the type they are meant for. They never mention that on tv.

Super Contributor

debcakes, that is interesting. Did they say what type feet you have and why they would not work for you? Just ordered a pair to try out...thought they might be better than the Yellow Box brand of flip -flops I wear .

moongirl