Regular Contributor

Do Birkies run true to size?

Wanting my first pair!

Honored Contributor

Re: Do Birkies run true to size?

Yes, but if you are a half size you size up.

Super Contributor

I say yes, but I have short toes and can size down (for half sizes) without any problems.

Esteemed Contributor

they run wide. I wear a 7 wide in all shoes (including Clarks) --- and wear 37 narrow in Birkenstocks/Birki's.

Esteemed Contributor

If it helps, I wear a 8.5 and buy a 39 in Birki. They do make two widths and QVC usually only carries the regular, so if you have a wide foot you will have to go elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

On 6/8/2014 Still Raining said:

If it helps, I wear a 8.5 and buy a 39 in Birki. They do make two widths and QVC usually only carries the regular, so if you have a wide foot you will have to go elsewhere.

This is true, but a Birkenstock (European) "narrow" - with the footprint colored in - is equivalent to an American size A or B width. This is what I wear. The Birkenstock "regular" is equivalent to an American size C or D width. I love these shoes and have worn them for years. In fact, I'm wearing a pair right now I bought here at QVC. The footprint on the sole is colored in, so it's like an American A or B (I wear a B width). HTH a little! They really are great shoes! Smile

Honored Contributor

I have now well over 100 pair of Birkenstock shoes all ordered from QVC.

I received a pair last week. I ordered exactly the size I always ordered. Guess what! They are too big.

It doesn't make sense. Something is wrong. They are all on clearance. I don't know what's going on.

Can you imagine? Over 100 pair of the same kind of shoes and suddenly one pair is too big.

They are going back. I don't know what to tell you. I ordered a pair for my granddaughter. Her's were too big but for the usual reason.

Mine .....well, I can't explain it.

If you really want them, order two pair in different sizes and that way you can be sure to get them. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Honored Contributor

If you order a thong style (like the Gizeh or Rom) you'll probably want the regular width. (Assuming your foot is average width.)

Regular Contributor

Okay thank you! I want the floral beach ones, but the reviews aren't too great on them................

Respected Contributor

I think they run true to size in length. In width most birkis on QVC are the narrow width...look at the footprint the clothes to tell).For most average width feet this is fine as the whole birkinstock footbed runs wider. If you have a kinda wide foot,you still are most likely just fine. If you have a true wide foot,make sure you get the medium width footbed.I agree with Faeriemoon about the thong style. They really do not run wide at all. Birkin in my name is not for birkinstocks..it's for the Birkin bag...lol. I did sell shoes for years in college. Marshall had a lot of birkis in recently.