Super Contributor
I caught the last ten seconds of a cute little Birk last hour and checked the video. Item A232658 was aired at a clearance price and currently they have most colors and most sizes in stock. I was looking for a new pair of blacks, so I found them along with a pretty pair of lilac-pink! Seems Q might be phasing out Birks, so you might want to check these out. Nice color selections available!
Super Contributor

At least they're made in Germany.

I was looking at some Birkenstocks today in a store, and noticed that the Papillio's are "licensed by Birkenstock," which sort of tells me they are made in China(?). The (official) Birkenstocks are still made in Germany.

Super Contributor
Really ennui? That would be very sad to see this brand manufactured outside of Germany. I must have 20 pair of these (long time collector) and all are, of course made in Germany. I think the quality would go down hill if manufactured elsewhere. I had been waiting all winter for a Birk TSV but sadly feel Q won't be carrying them for much longer. Maybe I should go back and order one more pair. Smiley Wink
Respected Contributor

There are many places to buy Birkenstocks besides QVC. And I've been shopping at other retailers that have a much better selection than QVC. So that's where I'll continue to buy my Birkenstocks.

Super Contributor
On 5/23/2014 deeva said:

There are many places to buy Birkenstocks besides QVC. And I've been shopping at other retailers that have a much better selection than QVC. So that's where I'll continue to buy my Birkenstocks.

Deeva...that might be true, but not in my area. Even when we were in Orlando last winter I was on a search. There used to be a really great shoe store that carried a great variety of Birks down there but we couldn't find it this year. Don't know if it moved or closed.
Honored Contributor

It's hard to find a size 41 or as some know it 10 & 1/2 to 11.

I like the ease of being able to slap the label back on and sending something back to QVC. It's pretty hard to find Birki's for less than $55.

I think that's a good price.

Super Contributor
On 5/23/2014 annabellethecat said:

It's hard to find a size 41 or as some know it 10 & 1/2 to 11.

I like the ease of being able to slap the label back on and sending something back to QVC. It's pretty hard to find Birki's for less than $55.

I think that's a good price.

</ So are you going to pick up a pair, annabelle?

Honored Contributor

I did, I bought the one's she recommended in blue. I have so many (but not many with the 3 straps) it was hard to see the colors.

I haven't pulled all of them out of the closet where I keep the summer/spring shoes.

I am so ding dong. I kept looking for them. I kept a few pair out this Winter to wear like slippers, but most were in those big plastic tubs. I couldn't find them.

Then like magic, it came to me. They were in the rec room under all of those stupid empty QVC and HSN boxes. I live alone in a big house so there is ummmmmm stuff/junk everywhere.

Anyway, I haven't had the energy to get them upstairs (split/foyer). I throw them to the landing, then up from the landing, then down the hall to the bedroom! Ha! Phew! Now I'm tired thinking about it.

I have lots of printed ones but not as many plain ones.

What are your favorites? Want to know my favorites? Well I'll tell you anyway.....I bought the ones that are red, white and blue with stars like the flag. I probably bought them from QVC around 2005 or 6. But they aren't the newer ones like that.

These are the old ones. I saw them on Paul from the Beatles last year. His are the old ones like mine. Then I went on and bought the new ones. The straps are bigger than mine.

I love/hate wearing my favorites because I'm afraid something will happen to them.

See what a blabber m outh I am? You asked one question and now you know my life story (as the song goes with the group "One Direction".

Super Contributor
On 5/23/2014 annabellethecat said:

I did, I bought the one's she recommended in blue. I have so many (but not many with the 3 straps) it was hard to see the colors.

I haven't pulled all of them out of the closet where I keep the summer/spring shoes.

I am so ding dong. I kept looking for them. I kept a few pair out this Winter to wear like slippers, but most were in those big plastic tubs. I couldn't find them.

Then like magic, it came to me. They were in the rec room under all of those stupid empty QVC and HSN boxes. I live alone in a big house so there is ummmmmm stuff/junk everywhere.

Anyway, I haven't had the energy to get them upstairs (split/foyer). I throw them to the landing, then up from the landing, then down the hall to the bedroom! Ha! Phew! Now I'm tired thinking about it.

I have lots of printed ones but not as many plain ones.

What are your favorites? Want to know my favorites? Well I'll tell you anyway.....I bought the ones that are red, white and blue with stars like the flag. I probably bought them from QVC around 2005 or 6. But they aren't the newer ones like that.

These are the old ones. I saw them on Paul from the Beatles last year. His are the old ones like mine. Then I went on and bought the new ones. The straps are bigger than mine.

I love/hate wearing my favorites because I'm afraid something will happen to them.

See what a blabber m outh I am? You asked one question and now you know my life story (as the song goes with the group "One Direction".

I thought the blues were cute too. I would have purchased them in addition to the blacks (which I needed) and the lilac-pink (which were too cute not to buy). Because I no longer work outside the home and thought I would have some really serious explaining to do if DH knew that I purchased three pair! Wink

I really seem to gravitate toward the skinny two or three strap styles but I have the very same ones you are talking about - - the red, white and blues. Got them from Sally way back in the day. I remember they sold out very fast and I went on waitlist. Thanks for the reminder - - I will dig them out for the Memorial Day weekend.

Hope you enjoy your pretty blue Birks, Annabelle.

Honored Contributor

Here are your new black ones-